Is she preganant or is there something evolving inside her?

proteome

Registered Senior Member
I had an idea, or maybe it was someone elses.

Is pregnancy rapid evolution? First there is code, the code becomes a single cell, ...The egg could be considered an environment that limits the possible outcomes to mostly well cooked fetuses.

(thanks for the literary license of your nicksake, wellcookedfetus)

Originally posted by proteome
I had an idea, or maybe it was someone elses.

Is pregnancy rapid evolution? First there is code, the code becomes a single cell, ...The egg could be considered an environment that limits the possible outcomes to mostly well cooked fetuses.

(thanks for the literary license of your nicksake, wellcookedfetus)
for something related see Haeckel's theory of recapitulation:
an organism goes through the different morphological stages of its ancestors during its ontogeny.

Well no it is not since evolution involves genetic changes and fetal development does not change any genes... except some immunlogical genes but that's only in T cell I think after birth as well.
an organism goes through the different morphological stages of its ancestors during its ontogeny.
Considering that genes tell the organism how to do this...

Originally posted by Gifted
Considering that genes tell the organism how to do this...

wellcookedfetus is right in the sense that genes do not really change during development. I just mentioned Haeckel's theory because it is an interesting one (and one that is possibly not true).

The real question is how many generations does it take to start affecting real change? Duh thee would be genetic changes in the fetus because its the mixing of 2 peoples' genes.

Back