Is sex in public places protected by privacy rights??

Syzygys

As a mother, I am telling you
Valued Senior Member
Here is an interesting situation:

Model has sex in the ocean in public view. It gets recorded and ends up on Youtube. Model sues Youtube. Youtube loses, but video keeps showing up on it.

Question: Since she had sex in a public place, does she still have the right to privacy?

P.S.: I guess you wanted to see the video too.... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cD7c0RGMPc

Here is an interesting situation:

Model has sex in the ocean in public view. It gets recorded and ends up on Youtube. Model sues Youtube. Youtube loses, but video keeps showing up on it.

Question: Since she had sex in a public place, does she still have the right to privacy?

P.S.: I guess you wanted to see the video too.... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cD7c0RGMPc

I don see sex, all i see i some hugging.

In this situation noone has the right since she did it voluntarily and knew that its public (THATS WHY ITS CALLED PUBLIC PLACE), oh and noone has privacy anyways we got them satellites snapping pictures of girls in bikinis in CA instead of focusing in on missile sites.

http://www.byz.org/~rbanks/movableType/webLog/trends/archives/005421.html

first of all, it is illegal to record people w\out their consent, called a release.

Is sex in public places protected by privacy rights??

no but its disgusting, unless it is with me.

first of all, it is illegal to record people w\out their consent, called a release.

It is? What about all those surveillance cameras, redlight cameras, paparrazzi, etc? Are you sure? and could you show me that law or show me some legitimate article about it?

Oh, and it would be nice to know if it's state law, city law or federal law.

Baron Max

I think that only works in someone's house or on someone's private property, but public means public, not something else.

kyeka.bmp

Does it really matter?

I dont see the problem, i think we have all done it, or wanted to do it in public...

I dont see the big deal, i just think its hot:p

If you do something in public - that is, in a publically owned venue - you should have no consideration of privacy in regards to things such as this.

If it is on private property, it ought to be open to those who own it.

In public I don't see how you can have any right to privacy with things like this.
Besides, isn't the possibility of getting caught half of the thrill? ;)

Only until you actually get caught.
Isn't that where the exhibitionist inside us gets its kicks? I'm pretty sure nobody is naive enough to think they won't get caught eventually.

At least that's what I'm presuming.....

It is? What about all those surveillance cameras, redlight cameras, paparrazzi, etc? Are you sure? and could you show me that law or show me some legitimate article about it?

Oh, and it would be nice to know if it's state law, city law or federal law.

Baron Max

Surveillance video is not used for profit, and when they are used in a commercial manner the faces are blurred out. Same goes for a show like cops, some faces are blured some arent, the ones that are not gave permission.

If you break out your camera at disney land and someone walks past the lens while your taping the attractions it is legal only for private exhibition, if however you sell it for broadcast you may get a call from their attoney. Even if they jumped up and down in front of the lens screaming "film me".

I dont know for sure but i am assuming youtube took it down real fast. SEEEE?

http://www.youtube.com/index?&session=gAJ9cQEoVQxlcnJvcl9maWVsZHNxAmNfX2J1aWx0aW5fXwpzZXQKcQNdhVJxBFUGZXJyb3JzcQVdcQZVOlRoaXMgdmlkZW8gaGFzIGJlZW4gcmVtb3ZlZCBkdWUgdG8gdGVybXMgb2YgdXNlIHZpb2xhdGlvbi5xB2FVCG1lc3NhZ2VzcQhdcQl1Lg==

Well waht do i know?-
http://rcfp.org/photoguide/stateindex.html

Last edited:
Surveillance video is not used for profit, ...

Agreed, and I support that. I also support that it should be illegal for the "scandal sheets" or any other such newspapers to publish invasive celebrity photos. Yet they do it all the time, don't they?

But how did that YouTube site gain any profit?
I don't know anything about "youtube", so you must please understand my ignorance about it.

Baron Max

Yes, the uploaders are not making any profit. Youtube isn't making any profit specifically of this video either, it's making profit off ads viewed by their traffic.

Yes, the uploaders are not making any profit. Youtube isn't making any profit specifically of this video either, it's making profit off ads viewed by their traffic.

So then it's not covered by those laws, right? And anyone can put up anything on YouTube? (Okay, reasonable stuff, I guess?!)

Baron Max

Come on ... or come again

The point about the paparazzi is fair: even photos of megastars lying by their own private swimming pool is justified by the notion of prurient public interest. If people have a legitimate reason to care--e.g., they pay with their movie tickets and so forth Tom Cruise's salary--then it's fair game. For the most part, the average guy doesn't have to worry about his sunbathing wife or girlfriend as public interest. However, if it came down to splitting any such hairs, the release of the video could easily be justified by a message accurately stating the location. The inherent message would be, "This is happening in your community." As public lewdness is generally frowned upon, and sexual intercourse in public view so broadly viewed as lewdness that I consider the notion incontestable for the needs of this particular consideration, such a pretense could and should justify the public release of such a tape; a scenario involving no material profits would seem even more secure an affirmation.

But that's just me.

I remember once at SAFECO Field in Seattle, watching the Mariners play a ballgame against ... uh, I forget .... Anyway, we were standing out on the upper part of the terrace section and everybody around us as well was watching this guy "secretly" finger his girlfriend. (I do remember a cutesy yellow top and white denim shorts designed to show off one hell of an ass, but that ass was busy grinding against him while he scratched her itch.)

Yes, people were taking pictures. My brother and I even chuckled about the rise of phones with cameras. Sort of a Beavis and Butthead moment: "Heh-heh ... cool."

I mean, come on. What's the point of doing such things in public? Really, are people so stupid as to think nobody will notice?

At any rate, so says me.

Back