Is Santa Clause or St. Nick = Satan?

Quigly

......................... .....
Registered Senior Member
I heard this somewhere, but if somebody has some history on this, that would be great. From what I have heard, Santa could be an anagram for Satan and Clause could really be Lucas or Lucius which typically was the name associated with Luficer. Old Nick was also considered a name for devil in I believe England.

Kriss Kringle is a german name for Little Christ child. Is Santa Clause really Satan?

Here is a short blippet about the history of the chimney thing. I don't know if this is valid or not. Lets see

It seems the "chimney tale" came to us via Thor, the mythical god of fire and lightning. Satan (and Thor) are symbolized by the lightning bolt (Luke 10:18). Thor’s name means "thunder". The Thor story goes like this; Most families in the pre-patriarchal Scandinavian world would have an altar to Thor – their fireplace. Every year on his birthday, December 25th (of course) Thor would come down the chimney to his altar of fire, and bring presents to the kiddies. (sound familiar?) Oh yea, Thor was "nicknamed" "Klaus of the cinders" or "Sinter Klaus" (a.k.a Santa Claus), because it was believed he would be "singed" as went into the fireplace.

Thor liked to wear furs in red for fire, and white for snow. He is usually pictured with a long white beard. He had a palace in the north. And he also rode through the sky in a sled pulled by two goats, named Gnasher and Crasher. (Sound like someone else we’ve heard of?) Another of Thor’s nickname was "Old Nick." Thor also carried a "trident" – the pitchfork of Satan.

Quigly: Here is a short blippet about the history of the chimney thing. I don't know if this is valid or not. Lets see

It seems the "chimney tale" came to us via Thor, the mythical god of fire and lightning. Satan (and Thor) are symbolized by the lightning bolt (Luke 10:18). Thor’s name means "thunder". The Thor story goes like this; Most families in the pre-patriarchal Scandinavian world would have an altar to Thor – their fireplace. Every year on his birthday, December 25th (of course) Thor would come down the chimney to his altar of fire, and bring presents to the kiddies. (sound familiar?) Oh yea, Thor was "nicknamed" "Klaus of the cinders" or "Sinter Klaus" (a.k.a Santa Claus), because it was believed he would be "singed" as went into the fireplace.

Thor liked to wear furs in red for fire, and white for snow. He is usually pictured with a long white beard. He had a palace in the north. And he also rode through the sky in a sled pulled by two goats, named Gnasher and Crasher. (Sound like someone else we’ve heard of?) Another of Thor’s nickname was "Old Nick." Thor also carried a "trident" – the pitchfork of Satan.
M*W: Hey, Quig, haven't heard from you in a while. Happy Holidays to you and your family (whatever your belief)! Thanks for the blippets about Santa Claus. I've heard about the satan association, but the Scandinavian belief is very interesting. There is the story of a saintly Turkish bishop called Saint Nicholaus or something who delivered nuts and fruits to children in the 300s AD. Of course, the American-style fat man in red is worshipped at malls across the land where the most holy God of salvation resides in cash, checks and credit cards.

Thanks Med Woman. I have been more of a reader for awhile and haven't taken into much debate lately. This season is full of enough debate as it is.

Happy holidays to your family and yourself as well.

I know many people disagree on many things, but I thought it was interesting if somehow Santa was almost like the counterfeit Christ or God of sorts set up by "Pagans". I believe Halloween was once a pagan holiday that Christians decided would be all saints day to try and counter the effects of pagan worship or something of that nature. It would be interesting if "pagans" have snuck in old saint nick to brainwash children into believing in false figures that are set up to seem as God or Christ, thus diluting the effect of christianity later in life.

There is the story of a saintly Turkish bishop called Saint Nicholaus or something who delivered nuts and fruits to children in the 300s AD. Of course, the American-style fat man in red is worshipped at malls across the land where the most holy God of salvation resides in cash, checks and credit cards.
St. Nicholas overheard that a poor family's daughter would be given to prostitution, and so in secret gave the family a bag of gold.

St nicolas is still celebrated in the netherlands and belgium on the 5th of december (his birthday). He then brings gifts to children.'

I once was told that americans were jealous of dutch immigrants and their st nicolas. They copied it to the santaclaus shit with xmas. It then went back to europe in places such as England.

Back