Is-ra-el

brennus

Registered Member
I find it a bit odd that a nation who's tradition is centered around the jealous god Jehovah had named their nation after their patriarch Israel Is(is)-Ra-El: pagan through and through.

I find it a bit odd that you think a Hebrew country writes the name of their country in English.
Yis - not Is
Ruh - not Ra
Ayl - not El

So you're 0 out of 3, try again?

I find it a bit odd that you think a Hebrew country writes the name of their country in English.
Yis - not Is
Ruh - not Ra
Ayl - not El

M*W: I'm not trying to shame the name of Israel, I simply want to discuss its origins and derivations. The syllables you name are not much different in sound from the more familiar ones. Again, my point is not to discredit Israel in any form.

M*W: I'm not trying to shame the name of Israel, I simply want to discuss its origins and derivations. The syllables you name are not much different in sound from the more familiar ones. Again, my point is not to discredit Israel in any form.

I'm not saying you are, and that's why I didn't attack you for it. If you've ever heard a speaker say the term "israel" it's vowelization isn't very close to any of the mentioned Egyptian gods.

I'm not saying you are, and that's why I didn't attack you for it. If you've ever heard a speaker say the term "israel" it's vowelization isn't very close to any of the mentioned Egyptian gods.
M*W: I've heard "Israel" pronounced by Jewish people, and I think I understant what you are saying. I don't know how it was pronounced by ancient speakers.

Yis - not Is
Ruh - not Ra
Ayl - not El

wouldn't those be phoentic equvilents and support the argument that was being made?

Here is an alternative
http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Israel.html

I quote :

"Israel is the name given to Jacob after his fight with the Angel of God.

The meaning of the name Israel is not clear, although Israel is most likely a compilation of the verb (sara 2287) and the noun (El 93a), the common abbreviation of Elohim"

Not that I know anything about it, but I suspect there are lots of varying ideas.

I have, in all my life seen only one spelling and have heard only one pronunciation of Israel. This has turned into a very interesting subject.

Yis - not Is
Ruh - not Ra
Ayl - not El

:) I always get a good laugh out of the rightings of MW and crowd.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

:) I always get a good laugh out of the rightings of MW and crowd.
M*W: The people who believe what I do, find out for themselves and question it fearlessly. The crowd that runs with you believes blindly and never questions the truth out of fear. Your group is scattering, because what you believe is being realized for what it is--to be lies. You're embarassing yourself.

I have, in all my life seen only one spelling and have heard only one pronunciation of Israel. This has turned into a very interesting subject.

It would be much better to go with actual scholarly input than some tripod web pages because it looks to me like many of these pages are not by educated people. Some are even comical.

It would be much better to go with actual scholarly input than some tripod web pages because it looks to me like many of these pages are not by educated people. Some are even comical.
M*W: Just because there are web pages explaining the mythology of a subject, doesn't negate them from being scientific or reliable. I've posted scholarly bibliographies, but you wouldn't know one if you saw it.

Not if the web pages are mythology. So you explain mythology with mythology? I dont think so.
M*W: No, John, if you will think for a minute, that is what you said, implying that the websites I provided were mythological. Just because you don't believe (or understand) something, doesn't mean that it is mythological. Your're confusing yourself in trying to confuse everybody else. The websites I provided explalined the myths, regardless of the source, the information was accurate that pertained to the specific myth.

I havent seen any.
M*W: Again, you wouldnn't know it if you saw it. I listed a whole page of scholarly research. Learn to read the endnotes.

M*W: No, John, if you will think for a minute, that is what you said, implying that the websites I provided were mythological. Just because you don't believe (or understand) something, doesn't mean that it is mythological. Your're confusing yourself in trying to confuse everybody else. The websites I provided explalined the myths, regardless of the source, the information was accurate that pertained to the specific myth.

It was already explained to you why the OP is not correct. And someone linked this for you:

Why dont you try and learn for a change?

M*W you just simply forget (or ignore) that ancient people would have been well aware of these comical assertions YOUR links pass off. Did that ever occur to you?

You see M*W the problem you have is thinking in modern terms and working backwards from there but that is not the way to do this research.

Last edited:
It was already explained to you why the OP is not correct. And someone linked this for you:

M*W you just simply forget (or ignore) that ancient people would have been well aware of these comical assertions YOUR links pass off. Did that ever occur to you?

You see M*W the problem you have is thinking in modern terms and working backwards from there but that is not the way to do this research.
M*W: You just want to argue for the sake of arguing. I have never seen you post anything regarding serious research. In fact, you never post anything credible or thought provoking.

M*W: I read this link, and I didn't question its authority. You don't know what you're talking about. When something is for discussion, both sides can be presented soliciting no argument. Pay attention or shut up.

Back