Is muslim's god and chistian's god the same god?

It really doesn't matter which one you choose. They are both man-made God's and institutions. They are both false.

You might as well worship Zeus, or better still create your own God.

I think it's a possibility Semon. After reading some of the Qoran myself, I don't see any reason Allah can't be the same as the christian God. I think Islam is easier to understand whereas christianity, as it speaks of serpents and demons, may seem like nonsense to people now. Because people back then believed in those things so that's how the story of the Bible was told, in a metaphorical sense. There are close minded people in each religion that despise other religions so I'd hope you don't succumb to their viewpoints.

IF YOU READ THE KORAN... you realise that they consider ALLAH to be the same one GOD..... ONLY ONE GOD.. THEY JUST USE THE WORD ALLAH....

AND the koran has some different perspectives on GOD and so forth...

hence the reason why jews might say it is not the same GOD...

but mohammed thought so... even if he messed it up later.

there is only one GOD... and there is where you should focus...

i read all forms of scripture... and i see them all as attempts to understand that, which we as humans cannot actually understand.... GOD..

so.. does it matter?

if your seeking truth.. study science... or better yet.. study science and religion together as the same subject... as i do.

http://theempiricalchurch.blogspot.com/

-MT

We cannot help you in your decisions on what to believe, and tell me Q, what proof is there that no god or goddess exists?

Islam and Christianity have the same God. This is the Islamic belief. Muslims believe that Messiah Jesus (peace be upon him) is a human being, not the son of God, and Muslims believe the angel Gabriel is an angel who is a servant of Allah. The word Allah comes from the Arabic (Al-ilah) which literally means 'The God.' Allah is the supreme Master and has absolute power over all creation. Out of Allah's infinite Mercy, He allows us to make our own choices in life. Allah knows all of the past, the present and the future. Allah exists out of time and space, these are creations of Allah that He is not subject to.

Quran 112 Al- Ikhlas (sincerity)

"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only!
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not nor is He begotten.
And there is none like unto Him."

To learn about Islam go to these websites:

http://www.islam-guide.com/

http://islaam.com/Section.aspx?id=1

http://www.themodernreligion.com/index1.html

I will answer any questions you may have. Peace be to you.

Another good place to learn about islam is Islam Q & A. There you can get an online ruling on any questions you have like for example.

Here from Islam Q&A

Question :

At the present time, is it Halal to have a sexual intercourse with your Loundi (a female prisoner of war) without getting married to her?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible for a man to have intercourse with anyone except his wife or his female slave (concubine). A wife becomes permissible after shar’i marriage and a concubine becomes permissible to the man who owns her. She may originally be a prisoner of war, and a Muslim may obtain a concubine from the ruler or commander if he took part in fighting in jihad, or if he buys her from her owner. She becomes permissible for him by virtue of his ownership after it is established that she is not pregnant by waiting for one menstrual cycle, or until she has given birth if she is pregnant.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts)

6. Except from their wives or (the slaves) that their right hands possess, ـــ for then, they are free from blame”

[al-Mu’minoon 23:5-6]

It was narrated that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, concerning the prisoners of Awtaas: “Do not have intercourse with a pregnant woman until she gives birth, or with one who is not pregnant until she has menstruated once.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2157. This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel, 187.

In the answer to question no. 10382 we have stated that Islam permits a man to have intercourse with his slave woman whether he has one or more wives or he is not married.

In the answers to questions no. 5707 and 12562 it states that female prisoners of war may be distributed by the commander in jihad, because he has the choice of either distributing them, or ransoming them or setting them free.

Or maybe you are wondering about taking a kafir as a friend and need advice backed up with islamic scripture to know if this is OK

In the Quraan, it says that we can not take the Kuffaar as awliyaa, but what does that mean? I mean, to what degree? Can we do business with them still? If I'm at school, can we play basketball with them? Can we talk to them about basketball and stuff? Can we hang out with them as long as they keep their beliefs to themselves? The reason I ask is because someone I know does hang out with them in this way and it doesn't affect his beliefs, but I still tell him, "Why don't you hang out with the muslims instead?" He says that most or many of the Muslims drink and take drugs where they hang out and they have girlfriends and he's afraid that the sins of the Muslims will lure him, yet he's sure that the Kufr of the Kaafirs will not lure him because that's something that isn't attractive to him. So is hanging out with them, playing sports with them, and talking with them about sports considered as "taking them as awliyaa instead of the believers" keeping in mind that he is doing that for his own eemaan?.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

Allaah has forbidden the believers to take the kaafireen (disbelievers) as friends, and He has issued a stern warning against doing that.

“O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Awliyaa’ (friends, protectors, helpers), they are but Awliyaa’ of each other. And if any amongst you takes them (as Awliyaa’), then surely, he is one of them. Verily, Allaah guides not those people who are the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers and unjust)”

[al-Maa’idah 5:51]

Shaykh al-Shanqeeti (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

In this verse Allaah tells us that whoever takes the Jews and Christians as friends is one of them because of his taking them as friends. Elsewhere Allaah states that taking them as friends incurs the wrath of Allaah and His eternal punishment, and that if the one who takes them as friends was a true believer he would not have taken them as friends. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“You see many of them taking the disbelievers as their Awliyaa’ (protectors and helpers). Evil indeed is that which their ownselves have sent forward before them; for that (reason) Allaah’s Wrath fell upon them, and in torment they will abide.

81. And had they believed in Allaah, and in the Prophet (Muhammad) and in what has been revealed to him, never would they have taken them (the disbelievers) as Awliyaa’ (protectors and helpers); but many of them are the Faasiqoon (rebellious, disobedient to Allaah)”

[al-Maa’idah 5:80-81]

Elsewhere Allaah forbids taking them as friends and explains the reason for that, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Take not as friends the people who incurred the Wrath of Allaah (i.e. the Jews). Surely, they have despaired of (receiving any good in) the Hereafter, just as the disbelievers have despaired of those (buried) in graves (that they will not be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection)”

[al-Mumtahanah 60:13]

In another verse Allaah explains that this is so long as they are not taken as friends because of fear or taqiyah (i.e., being friendly with them in order to avoid harm); if that is the case then the one who does that is excused. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Let not the believers take the disbelievers as Awliyaa’ (supporters, helpers) instead of the believers, and whoever does that, will never be helped by Allaah in any way, except if you indeed fear a danger from them”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:28]

This verse explains all the verses quoted above which forbid taking the kaafirs as friends in general terms. What that refers to is in cases where one has a choice, but in cases of fear and taqiyah it is permissible to make friends with them, as much as is essential to protect oneself against their evil. That is subject to the condition that one’s faith should not be affected by that friendship and the one who is behaves in that manner out of necessity is not one who behaves in that manner out of choice.

It may be understood from the apparent meaning of these verses that the one who deliberately takes the kuffaar as friends by choice and because he likes them, is one of them. End quote.

Adwa’ al-Bayaan, 2/98,99

One of the forms of making friends with the kaafirs which is forbidden is taking them as friends and companions, mixing with them and eating and playing with them.

In the answer to question no. 10342 we have quoted Shaykh Ibn Baaz as saying:

Eating with a kaafir is not haraam if it is necessary to do so, or if that serves some shar’i interest. But they should not be taken as friends, so you should not eat with them for no shar’i reason or for no shar’i purpose. You should not sit and chat with them and laugh with them. But if there is a reason to do so, such as eating with a guest, or to invite them to Islam or to guide them to the truth, or for some other shar’i reason, then it is OK.

The fact that the food of the People of the Book is halaal for us does not mean that we may take them as friends and companions. It does not mean that we may eat and drink with them for no reason and for no shar’i purpose.

Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about the ruling on mixing with the kuffaar and treating them kindly hoping that they will become Muslim. He replied:

Undoubtedly the Muslim is obliged to hate the enemies of Allaah and to disavow them, because this is the way of the Messengers and their followers. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Indeed there has been an excellent example for you in Ibraaheem (Abraham) and those with him, when they said to their people: ‘Verily, we are free from you and whatever you worship besides Allaah, we have rejected you, and there has started between us and you, hostility and hatred for ever until you believe in Allaah Alone’”

[al-Mumtahanah 60:4]

“You (O Muhammad) will not find any people who believe in Allaah and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose Allaah and His Messenger (Muhammad), even though they were their fathers or their sons or their brothers or their kindred (people). For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with Rooh (proofs, light and true guidance) from Himself”

[al-Mujaadilah 58:22]

Based on this, it is not permissible for a Muslim to feel any love in his heart towards the enemies of Allaah who are in fact his enemies too. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Take not My enemies and your enemies (i.e. disbelievers and polytheists) as friends, showing affection towards them, while they have disbelieved in what has come to you of the truth”

[al-Mumtahanah 60:1]

But if a Muslim treats them with kindness and gentleness in the hope that they will become Muslim and will believe, there is nothing wrong with that, because it comes under the heading of opening their hearts to Islam. But if he despairs of them becoming Muslim, then he should treat them accordingly. This is something that is discussed in detail by the scholars, especially in the book Ahkaam Ahl al-Dhimmah by Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him).

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 3, question no. 389.

Secondly:

With regard to what this person says about not mixing with sinful Muslims for fear that he may be tempted by their sins, but the kufr of the kuffaar does not tempt him, the answer to that is:

As for not mixing with Muslims who commit sin, he is doing well thereby, if he is not able to advise them and forbid them to do evil, and he fears that he may fall into the same sins and think it is something good.

With regard to mixing with the kuffaar, the reason why mixing with the kuffaar is not allowed is not only the fear that one may fall into kufr, rather the main reason for this ruling is their enmity towards Allaah and His Messenger and the believers. Allaah has indicated this reason in the verse where He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Take not My enemies and your enemies (i.e. disbelievers and polytheists) as friends, showing affection towards them, while they have disbelieved in what has come to you of the truth (i.e. Islamic Monotheism, this Qur’aan, and Muhammad), and have driven out the Messenger (Muhammad) and yourselves (from your homeland) because you believe in Allaah your Lord”

[al-Mumtahanah 60:1]

So how can it be appropriate for a Muslim to keep company with the enemy of Allaah and his enemy, and make friends with him?

How can he be certain that he will not start to think of their ways as good? Many Muslims have fallen into kufr and heresy and have apostatized from Islam because of keeping company with the kuffaar and living in their countries. Some of them have become Jews and some have become Christians, and some have embraced atheistic philosophies.

We ask Allaah to make us steadfast in following His religion.

See also the answer to question no. 2179, which explains the important principle of the prohibition on taking the kuffaar as close friends. It also describes many forms of the kinds of friendship that are forbidden.

In the answer to question no. 43270 you will find the ruling on saying that the morals and manners of the kuffaar are better than those of the Muslims, and there is a quotation from Shaykh Ibn Baaz on the prohibition on saying such a thing.

In the answer to question no. 26118 and 23325 it is stated that it is forbidden to keep company with the kuffaar and make friends with them.

And Allaah knows best.

Or what the heck should you do about folks who practice witchcraft

Question #13941: Correct ruling on one who practices magic or witchcraft

Question :

What is the correct ruling on one who practices magic or witchcraft?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Magic in all its forms in haraam according to all divinely-revealed laws, and there is scholarly consensus that magic and learning magic are haraam.

Magic goes against that which the Messengers brought and it opposes the purpose for which the Books were revealed.

Most of the scholars were of the view that the one who practices magic is a kaafir whom the authorities are obliged to execute.

“Sulaymaan did not disbelieve, but the Shayaateen (devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic…”

[al-Baqarah 2:102]

“but neither of these two (angels) taught anyone (such things) till they had said, ‘We are for trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us)’”

[al-Baqarah 2:102]

This proves that that magic is kufr

Most of the Shaafa’i fuqahaa’ were of the view that the one who practices magic is not a kaafir unless he believes that magic is permitted or he believes something like the people of Babylon believed, that practicing magic would bring them closer to the seven stars [which they used to worship].

This is subject to further debate; there is no evidence to suggest that (describing the one who practices magic as a kaafir) is conditional upon his believing that to be permissible.

The correct view is that the one who practices magic is a kaafir, whether he believes it to be haraam or not. Simply doing magic is kufr. This is the apparent meaning of the evidence, and there are no other texts to contradict this.

Once it is proven that a person is guilty of practicing magic, then he must be killed. This was proven from a group of the Sahaabah, but it is not for individuals to carry out this hadd punishment without the command of the ruler or his deputy, because carrying out the hadd punishments without the authority of the ruler may lead to mischief, and destroy any sense of security in the society, and undermine the position of the ruler.

Shaykh Sulaymaan al-‘Alwaan (www.islam-qa.com)

Or even what to do if someone leaves islam

Question #20060: He became Muslim then he left Islam

Question :

What is the Islamic ruling on someone who is a Muslim(who is in Islam) but converts to some other religion later on???

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Apostasy (riddah) means disbelieving after being Muslim. There is no bad deed that cancels out all good deeds apart from apostasy. If a person dies in a state of apostasy all his good deeds will be wiped out, but if he returns to Islam, the reward for his good deeds will be restored and he does not have to make up any prayers or fasts that he missed during the period of his apostasy.

Shaykh al-Islam [Ibn Taymiyah] said:

With regard to apostasy from Islam, whereby a person becomes a kaafir, whether a mushrik or a Jew or Christian, if he dies in that state then all his good deeds will be wiped out, according to scholarly consensus, as the Qur’aan says in more than one place. For example Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whosoever of you turns back from his religion and dies as a disbeliever, then his deeds will be lost in this life and in the Hereafter”

[al-Baqarah 2:217]

“And whosoever disbelieves in Faith, [i.e. in the Oneness of Allaah and in all the other Articles of Faith i.e. His (Allaah’s) Angels, His Holy Books, His Messengers, the Day of Resurrection and Al-Qadar (Divine Preordainments)], then fruitless is his work”

[al-Maa’idah 5:5]

“But if they had joined in worship others with Allaah, all that they used to do would have been of no benefit to them”

[al-An’aam 6:88]

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 4/257, 268)

With regard to the shar’i rulings on apostates, if the apostate does not return to Islam, he must be executed.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible to shed the blood of a Muslim who bears witness that there is no god except Allaah and that I am the Messenger of Allaah except in one of three cases: a soul for a soul (i.e., punishment for murder), a married man or woman who commits adultery, and one who leaves his religion and separates from the jamaa’ah (main body of Muslims).”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6484; Muslim, 1676

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever changes his religion, execute him.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6922).

Then if he is executed, he has died as a kaafir, so he is not to be washed or shrouded; the funeral prayer is not to be offered for him, and he is not to be buried in the Muslim graveyard. On the Day of Resurrection he will be one of the people of Hell who will abide therein for eternity.

The earth rejected the body of an apostate during the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), as a lesson and a warning to the onlookers.

It was narrated that Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: There was a Christian man who became Muslim. He used to recite al-Baqarah and Aal ‘Imraan, and he used to write down (the revelation) for the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Then he returned to Christianity and he used to say, “Muhammad knows nothing but what I have written for him.” Then Allah caused him to die, and the people buried him, but in the morning they saw that the earth had thrown his body out. They said, “This is the doing of Muhammad and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and took his body out of it because he had run away

from them.” They again dug the grave deeply for him, but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out. They said, “This is the doing of Muhammad and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and threw his body outside it, for he had run away from them.” They dug the grave for him as deep as they could, but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out. So they realized that what had befallen him was not done by human beings and they had to leave him thrown (on the ground).

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3421; Muslim, 2781.

And Allaah knows best.

Really beautiful and easy to understand. They can answer any questions you may have.

Last edited:
The three major religions all have the Abrahamic God so it really doesn't matter.

Judaism was formed in 1500BC.

Christianity in 20AD.

And Islam in 1000AD.

All in the same place, I might add.

what proof is there that no god or goddess exists

Exactly the same proof there is that leprechauns and mermaids don't exist. As a course of sanity, these things remain on the 'fiction shelf' until such time where there is anything of substance to suggest their existence. No, that does not mean some text written by a 3000 year old shepherd.

With your personal little philosophy, it seems evident that you believe in.. well... everything. Must be hard to go a day without having to run from brain eating hoggalumps, hard to go a day without having to pay your money to the money grabbing god of bananaville, and hard to cross a road just incase an invisible reincarnated 1969 Chevy Corvette runs you over. Right?

The fact that the question is "Which god should I chose" indicates that neither god has given you enough evidence to believe in them. I can't imagine an omnipotent uber god being impressed by someone who chose them without any real backup. I.e. they clearly just believed in him because their parents did, Pascal’s wager or some other random reason. As for faith, well what should I have faith in?? There are an infinite number of possibilities - you can have faith in anything you like except something with strong evidence supporting it (because then it's not faith now, is it?) so you are stuck with a huge list and to have faith in any particular one over another is total nonsense.

Sock puppet path said:
Another good place to learn about islam is Islam Q & A. There you can get an online ruling on any questions you have like for example.

Here from Islam Q&A

Or maybe you are wondering about taking a kafir as a friend and need advice backed up with islamic scripture to know if this is OK

The website was originally written in Arabic and the translator mistakenly used the english word friend instead of awliya, which means more to the effect of protectors, supporters. Awliya is someone who has a upper hand over you and you allow this wilingly. If you want, I can provide other fatwas proving my point.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/friends.htm

"Not all of them are alike: Of the People of the Book [Jews and Christians] are a portion that stand (For the right): They rehearse the Signs of God all night long, and they prostrate themselves in adoration. They believe in God and the Last Day; they enjoin what is right, and forbid what is wrong; and they hasten (in emulation) in (all) good works: They are in the ranks of the righteous. (The Noble Quran, 3:113-114)"

Sock puppet path said:
Or what the heck should you do about folks who practice witchcraft

Magic is mainly used to cast curses on people or to make others lives miserable. So if it can be proved without any doubt that the individual practices magic, they are executed.

Sock puppet path said:
Or even what to do if someone leaves islam

Islamic law states that a person that was Muslim who now rejects Islam will not be prosecuted against if he keeps it to himself. However if he spreads this and does do this in public, it disrupts the peace of the state and encourages rebellion, hence the punishment of exile or execution is ordained.

Sock puppet path said:
Really beautiful and easy to understand. They can answer any questions you may have.

Indeed they might be able to, however I recommend this website which was written in original english rather than a translation:

http://www.answering-christianity.com/

So, you are saying yourself that Islam is rigidly conformist and intolerant of individual freedom. I agree.

Intolerant of individual freedom which has a negative effect on society. Rigid in conforming to the universality of Islam of peace, justice and honor. There is no system like Islam. Islam is the greatest.

And, to carry it further, intolerant of western society which values individual freedom.

Rigid in conforming to the universality of Islam of peace, justice and honor. There is no system like Islam. Islam is the greatest.

So.. islam is the only way to go.. anything else is wrong and should be therefore 'removed'?

Islam is kind of like "Thor's Hammer"...
It's going to stomp out the little serpent guys....ever watch that stargate show?
Truth is stranger than fiction they say....

"In that day, they shall kill you thinking their doing their god a service"
Their big brother Russia is got it's hair all up on it's back, that big bear is warning the U.S. "stay out of Iran"...wonder why?
"Babylon is fallen, and become the hold of foul spirits, the cage for every unclean and hateful bird"
God's not above using complete heathens to destroy a nation that forgets him.
He used Babylon to carry off Israel once....
Russia's got a nuke with our name on it", a man of God, a seer, said of the U.S. about 40+ years ago.
Her churches rejected God's messinger, and God Himself.
He came back just like He promised..."the son of man, revealed from heaven with his mighty angels."
The Word was contrary to their creeds. and teaching their traditions for doctrine, they made the word of god of non effect, to the people.
No wonder they think it's just a bunch of fables.
He saw in a vision she was nothing left but smoke and craters.
Sometimes God gives a nation 40 years to repent after he "visits" it.
That amount of time is pretty much up.
The U.S. was once a godly christian nation....now she's gone.
Any reference to God's been removed from the courthouses and schools, our little kids being raised in chaos, taught by atheists...
Can't you can feel it coming in the air at night, kind of like that death angel with the big black cloud finger winding down, in the movie "the ten commandments"
If you put an Abraham Lincoln and George Washington in every courthouse in the country...she wouldn't turn back now.
God's already said it.
" Being all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of man ought we to be..?"

Last edited:
Back