Is MS really that bad?

Orleander

OH JOY!!!!
Valued Senior Member
Anyone here have MS or know someone who does? It always seems to be a catch all condition on House.

Multiple sclerosis, or MS, is a progressive neurological disorder. According to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, an estimated 2.5 million people suffer from it worldwide. A new case is diagnosed every hour.

Symptoms can vary greatly from person to person and can include blurred vision, loss of balance, poor coordination, slurred speech, tremors and eventually paralysis and blindness.

Yes, Microsoft really is 'that bad' ;)
Sorry, I know no one that has MS though..

No two people are ever affected exactly the same way by MS. Sufferers can have markedly different symptoms because nerve damage to one area of the brain or spinal cord can cause a completely different reaction to the damage occurring in another area of the central nervous system.

Generally speaking MS sufferers can experience partial or even complete loss of any function controlled by the brain or spinal cord.

It is important to remember that Multiple Sclerosis is usually a progressive disease and it could be many years from the initial diagnosis before someone would even need a walking stick on a regular basis. Some people may even live with the disease for many years and die without ever knowing they had it because of the mildness of the symptoms.

It is not a fatal disease and as yet, according to mainstream medical profession say, it is neither preventable nor curable.

from
http://www.guide4living.com/multiple-sclerosis/what-ms.htm

are the symptoms so varied? I just wonder why its diagnosed so often on House (I know, its just TV, still...)

I've got the first 3 seasons on disc and don't recall the diagnoses being M.S. that often.
Basically the "insulation" on the nerves erodes and said nerve decays.

Last edited:
Back