Is it possible to make ur mind think something else....

qfrontier

Captain Of Starship
Registered Senior Member
Ie, can u make ur mind think in a totally different way...like slow down time in ur mind thus slowing down time itself for u....is it possible?

No, because there is a difference between control and perception. Our minds perceive time. We perceive the environment around us. If I throw a ball at you, and you can "see" it moving slower then it really is because you are processing the information about your environment faster (i.e. the ball coming straight toward you), time didn't slow down. I still see the ball traveling toward you in real time because for some reason I can't process the information faster then you. Does a computer slow down time becauase it can do calculations faster then our brain? No. It just can process the information faster. The same with our brains. You can only perceive time differently (hence the phrase "I lost track of time"). Events still happen along the natural flow of time whether your brain thinks so or not.

omg i hate star trek...its bs, well i guess its suppose to be cuz there is no explosions in space that u canhear cuz sound waves cant travel in a vacuum...plus when they travel at light speed 5x, shouldnt they go back in time according to theory? o well, anyways, so we have to do something really fast in order to percieve something in slow motion eh? How fast does it take for the brain to translate electric pulses into information?

Well the reason they are suppose to be able to travel faster then light is because of the warp field around them canceling out the effects of relativity by moving them through subspace instead of linearly through normal space-time. But it's a show so not exactly true.

All phenomenom are interpreted by the mind. Change the mind, and you change the phenomenom. Additionally, the reason the crew of the Enterprise don't go back in time is nothing to do with subspace or indeed anything of that ilk. When travelling at warp, the ship is actually not moving very fast at all. The engines merely warp (hence the title) the fabric of spacetime such that the distance between any two points is lessened and can be traversed conventionally.

its totaly possible to change the way that your mind percieves the world around you, through drugs or self-hypnosis, its not impossible.

there is no Dearprudence. there never was a Dearprudence. to belive in Dearprudence is to be wrong. you are not wrong, are you? There is only Dearprudence. to know him is to know Dearprudence. there never was Dearprudence.

Ie, can u make ur mind think in a totally different way..
----------------------------------

Yessir. It’s possible. Just come to see me during opening hours.

Dr. qut. ret. Lobo Tom Mee
Cranial Curve 26b
Hippo-Campus

;)

Back