Is it ok to commit an "evil" act on an "evil" person?

icest0rm

Registered Senior Member
Would it be right in your mind to commit an "evil" act on an "evil" person?

For instance, if we captured Osama bin Laden, would it be ok to physically and mentally torture Osama because he himself has committed murderous and torturous acts upon people?

Just want to read your thoughts...

I believe in punishment, but not 'eye for an eye,' so my answer would be no.

It depends… if the only law you accept is the law of power, then yes – you can do everything you can and want to do. But you are not any better than the one you are “punishing”.

Originally posted by icest0rm
Just want to read your thoughts...
That's idiotic. I was actually amazed at how blood thirsty Americans are during 9-11. I mean I knew America was pretty sadistic, but I never thought it would be to the extent to what it was. It seemed like just about everybody just wanted to lynch this guy. It just goes to show you how absolutely dumb just about everybody is.

Originally posted by cool skill
That's idiotic. I was actually amazed at how blood thirsty Americans are during 9-11. I mean I knew America was pretty sadistic, but I never thought it would be to the extent to what it was. It seemed like just about everybody just wanted to lynch this guy. It just goes to show you how absolutely dumb just about everybody is.

Well he was the mastermind in the largest attack on American soil EVER...but I suppose they are just overreacting. :p

Anyhow, I believe that an "evil" act on someone is morally correct, but it is not the best method to correcting "evil" acts. States with death penalties have equal or higher crime rates which goes to show that the death penalty is not a deterrent against crime.

In this sense, it is not cleansing society of criminals and therefore life in prison with manual labor should be implemented.

Originally posted by icest0rm
Would it be right in your mind to commit an "evil" act on an "evil" person?

Define evil? The definition of Evil is subjective. What is the extent of this evil? What is constituted as an evil act on an evil person that wouldn't be otherwise called punishment for that evil person for his/her acts of petulence? Evil act on an evil person to me sounds like hurting the evil persons beyond the reasonable measure just for sheer joy of seeing that fucker burn? if such is so then no...it isn't right.

If it is just deserved punishment...then yes.....

But in examples such as that of Osama Bin Laden the line between evil acts upon him and just derserved punishment is very blurred.

As it is in every issue concerning ethics and morality it all comes down to personal principles and preferences in conjuction with preconcieved notions and biases.

No right and wrong.

It is ok for an "evil" person to think that way. But there are sure better way to fight "evil" than being an "evil".

Back