Is God Racist?

SetiAlpha6

Come Let Us Reason Together
Valued Senior Member
Not sure about the Quran, but in the Bible, the Maker of all the races seems to be racist Himself. At least that is how He is portrayed.

Even Jesus is racist when He describes every race other than the Jews (all the Gentiles) as “dogs”.

But how can the "Father" of all of the races of men ever be racist Himself?

Does God really look at the heart of the individual or the genealogy of an entire race instead?

Is it not true that the Jews became racist themselves because their own God and scriptures taught and programmed them to think that way?

Anyone have a reasonable solution to this problem?

Not sure about the Quran, but in the Bible, the Maker of all the races seems to be racist Himself. At least that is how He is portrayed.

Even Jesus is racist when He describes every race other than the Jews (all the Gentiles) as “dogs”.

But how can the "Father" of all of the races of men ever be racist Himself?

Does God really look at the heart of the individual or the genealogy of an entire race instead?

Is it not true that the Jews became racist themselves because their own God and scriptures taught and programmed them to think that way?

not that i think the word "dogs" denotes anything positive necessarily, but to say that there is a difference based upon race is not racism because there is a difference, that being race, otherwise a delineation wouldn't be made at all.

i really don't know why the jews would be god's chosen people besides christ being born of their race. they may have some other special purpose that i'm unaware of, but really everyone has a special purpose. they're just different.

not that i think the word "dogs" denotes anything positive necessarily, but to say that there is a difference based upon race is not racism because there is a difference, that being race, otherwise a delineation wouldn't be made at all.

i really don't know why the jews would be god's chosen people besides christ being born of their race. they may have some other special purpose that i'm unaware of, but really everyone has a special purpose. they're just different.

Quote from Wikipedia...

"Racism, by its perhaps simplest definition, is prejudice and discrimination based on race. One with racist beliefs might hate certain groups of people according to their race (i.e., bigotry), or in the case of institutional racism, certain racial groups may be denied rights or benefits. Racism typically starts with, though is rarely confined to the assumption that there are taxonomic differences between different groups of people. Prejudices on other grounds would strictly categorize as discrimination to national or regional origin, religion, occupation, social status or some other distinction."

Lori_7, it seems like the God of the Bible, particularly in the Old Testament, all too often, actively encouraged this type of thinking in His very own people (the Jews). Even Jesus encouraged His own followers to think this way at times.

Any idea why Jesus ever encouraged this, even once? How many people have been killed because of this? Isn't this just asking for murder, war, and endless strife to continue on throughout the centuries?

Thanks

Last edited:
God is fair and just,

God ultimately might be just and fair, but I do not currently see how the particular God described in the Bible can be.

we are our own Gods,

Are you saying that using our God given ability to reason and have an opinion on what is said in an ancient book equates to being one's own God?

we cannot be not fair to ourselves.

Sure we can. People do it all the time.

Quote from Wikipedia...

"Racism, by its perhaps simplest definition, is prejudice and discrimination based on race. One with racist beliefs might hate certain groups of people according to their race (i.e., bigotry), or in the case of institutional racism, certain racial groups may be denied rights or benefits. Racism typically starts with, though is rarely confined to the assumption that there are taxonomic differences between different groups of people. Prejudices on other grounds would strictly categorize as discrimination to national or regional origin, religion, occupation, social status or some other distinction."

Lori_7, it seems like the God of the Bible, particularly in the Old Testament, all too often, actively encouraged this type of thinking in His very own people (the Jews). Even Jesus encouraged His own followers to think this way at times.

Any idea why Jesus ever encouraged this, even once? How many people have been killed because of this? Isn't this just asking for murder, war, and endless strife to continue on throughout the centuries?

Thanks

I don't know. I guess that was my question, was it just a distinction of race itself, or was it some discrimination based on race. For me to try to suppose why God did this or that, or Jesus said this or that, I would need to know the scripture, and the basis, and probably still wouldn't be able to determine why God or Jesus seemed racist. What I know though, is that He has never been racist towards me (not being a Jew), or led me to be racist towards another.

And upon contemplation, any judgement or delineation made on race would have to be due to some genetic implication as genetics is the only real distinguishing factor among races. And while I do believe genetics to be important in regards our salvation, only as a means of evolving into a perfect being. A change must take place, by the blood. But the change will occur in all who desire it to occur. In other words, our inherent genetic makeup will not determine our salvation, though I believe that our resulting one will. Anyone, regardless of race, will have the choice to make the change through his blood.

Last edited:
yes

BG5.18 The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater [outcaste].

IOW developing knowledge in the mode of goodness

BG 18.20 That knowledge by which one undivided spiritual nature is seen in all living entities, though they are divided into innumerable forms, you should understand to be in the mode of goodness.

as opposed to knowledge in the mode of passion

BG 18.21 That knowledge by which one sees that in every different body there is a different type of living entity you should understand to be in the mode of passion.

Back