Is God in the conscience?

GeoffP

Caput gerat lupinum
Valued Senior Member
Hello. I'm looking for this fellow God. I understand He's in a lot of things; I was curious as to whether or not religious folks feel God is in the conscience. I admit, it conflicts a bit with social Darwinism. Of what purpose is guilt?

God is conscience of everyone. You are part of God. I am part of God.
M*W: Then why call it "God?" That seems to be a misnomer. Why not call it our "Higher Self" or our "Collective Consciousness?" Why does its name/title have to imply an all-powerful singularity in the universe? Instead of calling it "God," why don't we just call it "We," as in "What Would We Do?

But is it us speaking? Is this really our nature? Or is it a suggestion of something else, like an echo in a long cave, sometimes rebounding away, and then back at the call of our moral voice?

Guilt is the effect of another Will that is communicating with your will.

If there is only your will working upon you then one will do as it wills it would never feel guilt from a willful act. Otherwise we all are a kind of double being with two wills within us.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Hello. I'm looking for this fellow God. I understand He's in a lot of things; I was curious as to whether or not religious folks feel God is in the conscience. I admit, it conflicts a bit with social Darwinism. Of what purpose is guilt?

Actually, Dr. Wolf believes that, and i qoute, ''God. The massive spill of consciousness and thought.''

Back