Is God Important?

Changeling

Registered Senior Member
I'm not really concerned with the "existence" question. I'd rather ask, is God important? If yes, how so?

"What's important, or not, is determined ultimately by the individual."

Is importance entirely subjective?

I got this from dictionary.com and this is specifically the meaning I am referring to by important.

1. of much or great significance or consequence: an important event in world history.
2. mattering much (usually followed by to ): details important to a fair decision.

Is God Important? I'm not really concerned with the "existence" question. I'd rather ask, is God important? If yes, how so?

Yes, God is the person who might do a lot for us if we find that person. A god that we have to serve wouldn't be good, IMO and if God must be anything, it's good.

Yes, God is the person who might do a lot for us if we find that person. A God that we have to serve wouldn't be good, IMO and if God must be anything, it's good.
ACtually I would argue that its precisely because is not obligated to serve anyone (and that everyone - either directly or indirectly - is constantly, constitutionally and irrevocably in a relationship of service with him) that he is important.

IOW its the unique position of god that distinguishes him from others that are merely powerful, influential, etc (but as the most powerful, most influential etc) that make him important

If it exists, then yes.

If you can't tell if it exists or not, could it still be important?

Is God Important?
Hmm, I recently imagined humanity constructing artificial intelligence that can perform the role of god in such a way that no one is ever hurt by people, but humanity as well as each of the 7 billion persons is always protected. I was thinking of some instances where I definitely could have used some protection, mainly from other people not looking after my best interests, especially when they should have done much better at it, at least.

Last edited:
Objectively! . . . . (IMSO, in my subjective opinion) if one (any) does NOT eat . . . it is highly-likely that one will die . . . .

Back