is christian extremism (chrixtremism)taught?

Knife

Familyman G
Registered Senior Member
based on the style of many of the posts, by different people, on this forum, i have come to the conclusion that christian extremism is actually a taught ideaology, not to all of course. i find it very contradictory to the teachings of jesus and everything he stood for.

in christianity isnt jesus portrayed as ghandi kind of guy in his manners and teaching? do they actually teach christian extremism stuff in sunday school?

what would the name be, "chrixtremism"? i think i shall use that from now on to describe these type of fundementalists on this board.

what are you talking about.

You say "Christian Extremism" but then leave us hanging. Are you talking about Right Wing Conservatism?

I've seen nothing very extreme. There is alot of anti-Muslim rhetoric, but that could be as atheistic as Christian in motivation.

Please tell us who you think the bad guys are and what you find so extreme about them.

There are extremist forms of most Religions. The current flavour of the month is Muslim extremism, but there are probably just as many extremist Christians out there.

Knife said:
in christianity isnt jesus portrayed as ghandi kind of guy in his manners and teaching?

If Jesus was so non-threatening, then why was it so politically necessary to have him murdered?

Read the Gospels. Read The Blessed Virgins Prayer from the First Chapter of Luke. Jesus was instigating a Social Revolution.

Yes, for a few years He was all talk, but within a week of inciting a violent riot in the Temple, He was History.

Ghandi was much more systematic, but he was also a London educated Barrister. And he ended up murdered too.

Leo Volont said:
what are you talking about.

You say "Christian Extremism" but then leave us hanging. Are you talking about Right Wing Conservatism?

I've seen nothing very extreme. There is alot of anti-Muslim rhetoric, but that could be as atheistic as Christian in motivation.

Please tell us who you think the bad guys are and what you find so extreme about them.

your right, maybe a bad choice of word. but it is meant in the "intolerance" sense. intolerance seems to be on the rise in christianity. i agree, it may be triggered by the intolerance of others and their beliefs. but, i was always led to believe that christ was the example of humblness.

Leo Volont said:
If Jesus was so non-threatening, then why was it so politically necessary to have him murdered?
i disagree with your implication. sometimes peaceful resistance can just as threatening as violence. sometimes even more so.

Leo Volont said:
Read the Gospels. Read The Blessed Virgins Prayer from the First Chapter of Luke. Jesus was instigating a Social Revolution.
i have read them, the popluar and not so popular ones. i do not beleive the intention was violence. revolution, yes, but violent. jesus was to represent the merciful, peaceful and tolerant side of man and ultimately the the same side of god. in contrast to moses, who showed man the wrath of god.

Leo Volont said:
Ghandi was much more systematic, but he was also a London educated Barrister. And he ended up murdered too.
if he was more systematic, then why was it politically necessary to have him murdered. i find your statement here a little contradictory to the first one. by this theory, violence or not, murder is necessary. peaceful resistance, what a great concept. hard to follow though.

peace can be just as threatening as war to the unjust.

KNIFE MY MUSLIM BROTHER
extremism CAN ONLY BE FOUND IN ISLAM WE BOTH KNOW THAT

KNIFE I URGE YOU KNOW I DEMAND YOU TO SEARCH YOUR HEART AND FIND JESUS

I WAS A VERY PROUD MUSLIM ONCE BUT I AM NO MORE

OTHER RELIGIONS LIKE BUDDHISM, OR THE CATHOLIC RELIGION IS THE ONLY PLACE WE WILL FIND SALVATION AND PEACE

MY MUSLIM BROTHERS WE HAVE BECOME THE MOST HATED SPECIES ON THIS PLANET

WE ARE HATED MORE THAN THE GREAT WHITE SHARK, OR THE WICKED WITCH OF THE WEST FROM THE WIZARD OF OZ

IT IS TIME TO GET OFF OUR ARROGANT BACKSIDES AND CHANGE THE COURSE OF OUR RELIGION ARE CHANGE OUR RELIGION

A BROKEN MUSLIM
WHO HAS SEEN THE LIGHT OF JESUS
Hallelujah,Hallelujah,Hallelujah

SHUKRAN

Knife said:
your right, maybe a bad choice of word. but it is meant in the "intolerance" sense. intolerance seems to be on the rise in christianity. i agree, it may be triggered by the intolerance of others and their beliefs. but, i was always led to believe that christ was the example of humblness.

Oh, okay.

The important thing to remember is that some Doctrines may be considered important.

It is easy to be tolerant of other beliefs, if you do not believe anything. But if you have positive beliefs which you think are essential, and other people are teaching their corruption and contradiction, then it is not so easy to be tolerant.

My problem with Protestantism is that I think it is harmful for a Religion to teach unconditional Forgiveness of Sins. Such a doctrine amounts to unlimited licence to commit Evil freely. They do not condone Evil, per se, but they claim to be free from the consequences of committing evil, which provides a huge Loophole for Evil. And they murdered millions of Catholics and refuse to apologize. And there music sucks.

very proud muslim said:
KNIFE MY MUSLIM BROTHER
extremism CAN ONLY BE FOUND IN ISLAM WE BOTH KNOW THAT

KNIFE I URGE YOU KNOW I DEMAND YOU TO SEARCH YOUR HEART AND FIND JESUS

I WAS A VERY PROUD MUSLIM ONCE BUT I AM NO MORE

OTHER RELIGIONS LIKE BUDDHISM, OR THE CATHOLIC RELIGION IS THE ONLY PLACE WE WILL FIND SALVATION AND PEACE

MY MUSLIM BROTHERS WE HAVE BECOME THE MOST HATED SPECIES ON THIS PLANET

WE ARE HATED MORE THAN THE GREAT WHITE SHARK, OR THE WICKED WITCH OF THE WEST FROM THE WIZARD OF OZ

IT IS TIME TO GET OFF OUR ARROGANT BACKSIDES AND CHANGE THE COURSE OF OUR RELIGION ARE CHANGE OUR RELIGION

A BROKEN MUSLIM
WHO HAS SEEN THE LIGHT OF JESUS
Hallelujah,Hallelujah,Hallelujah

SHUKRAN

Anyone notice the CAPS in this post? wonder who this could be :rolleyes: I know the real PM from another board and he hasnt denounced anything. Dude even your plajurismic posts are bad

Back