Is breaking the law a sin?

Ender

Registered Senior Member
During the Roman Empire it was agains the law to look like a threat to the roman empire, however, Jesus was a viewed as a threat to the Roman Empire, thus breaking the law, hence sinning right?

I really curious to what Christians have to say.

well I'm not Christian, but IMO.....

Most able bodied people live in a specific country because they hold to the values and principles of it. So if you decide to break the law, then you go against the people of that country. That itself does not make breaking the law a bad thing.

I personally think that no Government should have the right to rule over me, but rather under me, as every other person in the free world. That's what democracy is. You abide by laws because they follow your ideals, and as a free person you have the responsibility to make sure that you're a good citizen. Otherwise the government can intervene to protect the other members of society.

So IMO, you can sin by breaking a law since no human can rule over another, but can only sin by going against your own principles. If you live in a Communist country though, then.........well your principles are really screwed up and your screwed too.

A sin is to disobey a law made by an alleged god. The purpose of such laws seems to be to satisfy the needs of said god.

A man made law is a rule defined by men for the benefit of men.

There isn't neccessarily any connection between sin and man made laws.

But if it was...

Since laws tend to vary a bit between countries does that mean sins vary with geography or some countries are inherrently more sinfull than others?

Back