Irishman from 710AD Found in Wyoming Cave

Xevious

Truth Beyond Logic
Registered Senior Member
Irishman from 710AD Found in Wyoming County, West Virginia Cave

A recent article from About.Com announces the discovery of the remains of an Irishman in a cave in Wyoming County, WV . Also found at the site were celtic marking and runes. Though the discovery has not yet been independently verified by the scientific community at large, confirmation of this case could suggest that the British Isles were aware of the existance of America well before Spain, and even Eric the Red.

http://paranormal.about.com/gi/dyna...email.com/news/Valley+&+State/2002092835/

Last edited:
Well, Eric the Red and his father made their voyages based on old tales from earlier sailors.

I've heard somewhere that a wall fresco in Pompeii clearly shows a Pineapple. As pineapples could only be found in S. America at the time, you have to wonder.

Also, there is a controversy going on about 2 Egyptian mummies. They apparently have traces of Tobacco and Cocaine abuse. Again, only found in S. America.

It may well be that cross Atlantic trade could be older than realised.

It's not entirely as surprising as you might thing. There is good evidence that the ancients living in India had a hand in Mayan cultures, based on archeological and languistic similarities. Their have also been rumors for years of Egyptian trade with the Americas. The question is why this knowledge is not commonly known, and as in the case of the Celt in West Virginia, often followed with failed debunking attempts.

I think it's just another example of how the egos in the scientific community flare sometimes. It's really understandable when you think about it. If a given scientist or groop works on a theory for an entire lifetime, and someone else comes in with evidence that shatters that in one blow, they will tend to be biased against the new evidence inherrantly. They may not recognize it as such, but it's true.

Scientists are human - they have the same ego problems anyone else has.

i am sorry i got to disagree. they have bigger ego problems than others
smug shortsighted dysfunctional weasels

;)

Well, Eric the Red and his father made their voyages based on old tales from earlier sailors.

These reports could have been related to an atmospheric effect called the Fata Morgana, and not actual sightings of land.

This effect is also the cause of the Min Min lights.

This is real interesting. Have you guys heard of kennewick man? He is supposed to be the oldest remains found in the Americas(about 6000 yrs old) He was caucasiod so it's believed that he came from Europe. He was found a few yrs back on the bank of the Columbia river in Washington state. Interestingly the Yakama indian nation filed with the court to seize control of the remains. Hmmm are they a little afraid that science will prove the white man was here first?

Last edited:
Kennewick Man

I was curious, so I looked it up:

http://www.cr.nps.gov/aad/kennewick/c14memo.htm

We now have sufficient information to determine that these skeletal remains should be considered "Native American" as defined by NAGPRA. The results of recent radiocarbon dating of small samples of bone extracted from the remains were given significant weight in making this determination.

Sorry to burst your bubble, he's Native American.

That proves nothing as to the origin just that his remains predated the cutoff date. The scientist who first evaluated the remains said the remains were caucasoid. The term "native american" is defined by the age not the nationality of the remains.

The remains would not have been in question "if" they were native indian, but they were caucasoid. The dating of the remains defines them as "native american" not "native indian". No bubble burst here.:)

Ancient trade between Europe and America aside, one thing I think that everyone would be willing to agree upon is that that irishman must have been REALLY drunk to wake up in West Verginia.

Back