Involuntary System, is it our Soul???

Wisdom_Seeker

Speaker of my truth
Valued Senior Member
“You eat, and the body gets to work. Beyond the mouth, it is not necessary. In the moment that the food goes beyond the mouth, the body takes over; the involuntary system keeps handling it. And it is good that it works this way. If they would leave it up to you, you would do such a mess. It is a work, so big, that if you had to do it yourself, you wouldn’t be able to do anything else. If you have had a cup of tea, it would be enough to keep you busy the whole day: in order to handle this, to transform it into blood. And it is so much work…”

Osho.

Is that what Osho implies? I would like to read it in context.

I do not know if that is what Osho implies, that is my perception though, when he says something like: "If they would leave it up to you...", for me, it implies a deep concept...

I think he means to suggest that we should trust in the body and by implication the mind, to do what it does naturally, and not force it. Your mind can accomplish great feats of thought without conscious effort. Often revolutionary ideas or solutions to problems come to us in a dream or while thinking of something else.

But I can explain to you the context, maybe I can come tomorrow with a more accurate context, because I have the book in my house, not in digital, so I have to write it manually:

He is talking about how breathing is our connection between our voluntary and involuntary systems.

He says, that you can see how a child breaths heavily, deep breathing he does. This is due to the fact, that when you breath deeply, you are breathing towards your energy center... As nature intended.
So when a child is playing, and you tell him/her to stop, the child will get angry, and start breathing more superficially. Osho says this happens, because if the child would continue deep-breathing, then he would do as he wants, he would continue following what makes him happy.
So this is the birth of our egos, when we are childs and are told to do as the society wants us to do, to control us, so we start breathing superficially. No society can control a free-individual.

So Osho teaches to deep-breath and be aware of our breathing always, even more importantly, during sex.

I think he means to suggest that we should trust in the body and by implication the mind, to do what it does naturally, and not force it. Your mind can accomplish great feats of thought without conscious effort. Often revolutionary ideas or solutions to problems come to us in a dream or while thinking of something else.

Yes, I believe he means that as well, you put it into words very well my friend.

The thing is, who is really controlling our involuntary system? Some may call it our very life, the existance, nature, I call it our souls... But I would like to go farther into this... As I do not understand as I would like to.

It's the brain, no need for mysticism.

Yes, but keep in mind this:

"If you have had a cup of tea, it would be enough to keep you busy the whole day: in order to handle this, to transform it into blood. And it is so much work…"

So, if it´s your brain that involuntarily transform the cup of tea into blood and nutrients... Can you voluntarily convert other things inside your body? Could you voluntarily extract nutrients from a fruit?

Also, to elaborate what I would like to reach here:
So we have a lot of life energy, that is manifested into lower centers, so we feel sexual. This sexual energy, if we do not waste it, can be transformed into conscience.... I wonder if this is the voluntary transformation Osho is talking about.

Oh. Well a part of Buddhist tradition is abstinence. I guess this drive could be redirected elsewhere. Osho wasn't exactly known for such restraint.

Oh. Well a part of Buddhist tradition is abstinence. I guess this drive could be redirected elsewhere. Osho wasn't exactly known for such restraint.

No, he wasn´t, he was a preacher of acceptance. But he also said we normally know sex as the emanation of semen, and nothing else, so we become exhausted, our energy is wasted. I believe he wanted to say something with this statement...

He seems to be referring to tantric practices.

But he was once asked why has tantra failed in current basis. Like for example, some people associate tantra with wild orgies, and that is not real tantra.

Osho explained that once we look a sexual inherent picture, and are able see the non-sexual part of that picture, that is real tantra. So he is not telling us to go and have sex, he is telling us to watch the sexual images, until nothing sexual comes from those images in our mind...

I recall one parable just now, one day, Krishna was meditating, and he encountered himself having sexual thoughts that were interrupting his meditation. So he sent to call his wife, a beautifull woman from head to toe. And he asked his wife to stand naked in front of him for a while. He stood there, in front of his wife, without touching her, until the desire went away. Then he thanked his wife, and told her that he don´t know what he would have done if she wasn´t there. Then he continued meditating.

Isn´t this a reference of converting sexual energy, into conscience?

I suppose, but that's all so unnecessary. No esoteric practices are required, only stillness.

Back