Interview with an Arab Atheist

Michael

歌舞伎
Valued Senior Member
Interview with an Arab Atheist

My favorite quote:

Q: Some people think atheism is a form of “Westernization.” What do you think?
A: Some people are stupid.

:bravo:

With all the oil has come a high level of security, better chances at forging a decent future life here on earth, and atheism. This generation will see some atheists but many more will simply not take their religion all that serious. The next generation will take it even less serious, but will probably be religious in some way. IF things remain stable, I suspect the following generation will be as religious as most Europeans. And with the Internet - maybe even less so. By this time advances in medicine may remove the last reasons for being religious. So the numbers could crash severely.

I'd also like to note: Her rational was based on her education. Something I think we should begin at a MUCH earlier age.

Michael

Europeans are not religious . To be religious you must subscribe to the teaching of religion .
Mike,

CAN you READ?

:shrug:

I mean, if you happen to be mentally challenged then by all means I sincerely apologize but seriously guy, you're a little slow on the drawl there mate. Read something a couple times, think about it awhile, try to get the meaning from the letters, then words, then sentences, then paragraph and THEN maybe click the reply button?

DID you read the link? Care to comment on the OP? Oh and YES, Europeans are not religious.

Good Luck with that,
Michael

I found this exchange very strange. First that we were suddenly talking about Europeans and then that you both seem to agree that Europeans are not religious, though this may have been ironic
on Michael's part.

Mike,

CAN you READ?
I mean, if you happen to be mentally challenged then by all means I sincerely apologize but seriously guy, you're a little slow on the drawl there mate. Read something a couple times, think about it awhile, try to get the meaning from the letters, then words, then sentences, then paragraph and THEN maybe click the reply button?

DID you read the link? Care to comment on the OP? Oh and YES, Europeans are not religious.

Good Luck with that,
Michael
If you are a damn moron damn it indeed and it is none of my fault.
I do not have to answer all the post but I choose what statement I want to comment on . Using word in derogatory terms just belittle you to a mere little mosquito . Grow up for the sake of reason......
:shrug::shrug:.
The thread itself is meaningless and a full BS .

Most likely he thought he was the only one who pretends not to be an atheist because he has to live and work among theists.

SAM said:
Most likely he thought he was the only one who pretends not to be an atheist because he has to live and work among theists.
That's not what he says, and not a reasonable inference from his essay there.

Most likely you are wrong again, about that particular topic - what some atheist thinks and believes. Why do you insist on claiming such knowledge?

I agree that I am extrapolating from a previous conversation with him. He is free to clarify what he considers the stereotype that he held is. I was simply giving my own opinion of it.

So you thought all Arabs were theists? muslims? not atheists?

:shrug: Doreen is developing a penchant for putting words in my mouth. Unfortunately her reply to a post about removing stereotypes turned out to be stereotypical in itself.

S.A.M. Most likely he thought he was the only one who pretends not to be an atheist because he has to live and work among theists.

Sammy my love, I'm sorry you feel this way. I loved it when you marched through downtown Baghdad demanding equality for Muslim women. Every time I've witnessed a protest against one thing or another from some Muslim nation or town I always look for you because I figure the only woman there has to be you. It's hard to spot just one gal amongst all those males. Sometimes I see you but most times it becomes futile. Where are all the women? Didn't they hear your call?

If you ever leave the closet for the real world you'll see more of them. You won't even need to kick down their doors at dawn and shoot their children so they'll come out to meet

If you ever leave the closet for the real world you'll see more of them. You won't even need to kick down their doors at dawn and shoot their children so they'll come out to meet

Why dawn? It is much easier for men to stage a Muslim women's protest in the middle of the day. Us westerners love to watch that stuff after breakfast because we believe everything we see.

Well that explains why they do it at dawn then, its just in time for breakfast serial in the US.

Back