Interesting facts about Biota

Locust

Registered Member
Hello,

I hope that everyone here will name one insect or parasite or microbe or fungi or plant or some form of underwater life and interesting fact(s) or unique trait(s) about same organism.
Also I would like that members focus on type of living organism I mentioned. I would not like to read about mammals, reptiles, birds or fishes. But if you realy want to share it you are welcome. Info can be about life cycle, behaviour, whatever.

Point of this thread is to learn something new, fill gaps and ofcourse fun.

Thanx in advance.

Okay I will start first.

Cockroaches can survive weeks without head. Because they are cold blooded and can live without food for weeks.

Hello,

I hope that everyone here will name one insect or parasite or microbe or fungi or plant or some form of underwater life and interesting fact(s) or unique trait(s) about same organism.
Also I would like that members focus on type of living organism I mentioned. I would not like to read about mammals, reptiles, birds or fishes. But if you really want to share it you are welcome. Info can be about life cycle, behaviour, whatever.

Point of this thread is to learn something new, fill gaps and ofcourse fun.

Thanx in advance.

Okay I will start first.

Cockroaches can survive weeks without head. Because they are cold blooded and can live without food for weeks.

IKR! Doesn't everyone hate posts about mammals, reptiles, birds or fishes!? Well, they oughtta! Those dad-blamed chordata!

Click on young Mr. Squarepants to learn more about his sorta biota!

Last edited:
Back