intelligence community compromised 'Australia in the Asian Century' ( dirty Ausi )

arauca

Banned
Banned
Over the last week the German newspaper Der Spiegel and Sydney Morning Herald disclosed that the Australian Government was carrying out electronic surveillance and eavesdropping on phone and internet communications. The security organization Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) concealed special electronic equipment within the Australian diplomatic missions in Kuala Lumpur, Port Moresby, PNG, Bangkok, Beijing, Dili, Jakarta, and Hanoi, based upon information released by intelligence whistleblower Edward Snowden.
http://english.pravda.ru/world/australia/07-11-2013/126074-australia_spy-0/

There are only two things I find noteworthy about this.

The first, that you're surprised about it.
The second, that you apparently believe this is something only some nations do.

Because, after all, it isn't like everyone in the entire world isn't interested in what their neighbours are up to... as much as they attempt to pretend they aren't.

There are only two things I find noteworthy about this.

The first, that you're surprised about it.
The second, that you apparently believe this is something only some nations do.

Because, after all, it isn't like everyone in the entire world isn't interested in what their neighbours are up to... as much as they attempt to pretend they aren't.

I guess that the correct nation are as crooked as any other. But I am surprised about the righteous Australia which is a hole int ground, doing to his neighbors
But what can you expect from descendent of ex convicts

I guess that the correct nation are as crooked as any other. But I am surprised about the righteous Australia which is a hole int ground, doing to his neighbors
But what can you expect from descendent of ex convicts

:)

That's funny.....
from your article.....

Since the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the US, the Australian intelligence community has been considered an equal partner with the US and operate almost in a totally integrated fashion. There are a number of important facilities on Australian territory which make important contributions to the NSA network.

Pine Gap just around 20 KMs from Alice Springs in the Northern Territory is a joint facility responsible for signals collection. Here the ECHELON software undertakes a meta-collection of phone, fax, email and other data traffic from satellite transmissions, public switched phone networks and microwave signals. This data is screened for pre-programmed keywords. and is linked to the British eavesdropping facility at Menwith Hill and a chain of other intercepting facilities around the world. After 9/11 there has been a focus on the collection of intelligence on terrorism suspects. Through combining imagery with radio and mobile phone transmissions, potential targets can be pinpointed for drone strikes. This information is fed to the US Drone Strike Program.

Back