Insult My Religion Please !

m0rl0ck

Consume! Conform! Obey!
Registered Senior Member
The Citizen post got me thinking about this again.
Im not a theist, I dont consider myself an atheist either, if pressed I would say I'm buddhist but I dont advertise it because I dont consider myself a good example.

So what I'm wondering is why are christians so sensitive? If you critcise their religion, insult their religion or blaspheme they most often lose it. If you do it as part of a group, witch burnings, inquisitions etc. usually follow.

None of the buddhists Ive known are this sensitive. In fact criticism of the buddhist canon is actually a part of the buddhist canon ("if you meet the buddha on the road kill him"). The buddhist attitude seems to be to consider any criticism or whatever of buddhism for what worth it might have or to just ignore it as irrelevant.
If the criticism is true make it part of the canon and/or adjust your thinking/doctrine, if it isnt true ignore it, why worry about it?

So my question is why are christians so sensitive and so likely to respond in very negative and extreme ways to criticism about their religion? Anybody? Would especially like to hear from the christians.

In closing here is a koan:

Q: What is the buddha nature?
A:Shit on a stick.

Buddhists basically say.
"be nice, try not to harm anyone, help where you can."
The others tend to be a little more along the lines of
"Do as we say or you'll go to hell. Don't have any fun. and if anyone gets in the way kill em!"

They're also very easy to trip up. That gets people edgy.
Show them time and time again that their doctrines are full of holes (Not to mention shit) and what happens to them then?

Originally posted by m0rl0ck
Ok, good point.
I'll rephrase the question: Why are the semite theist religions so sensitive?

What kind of question is this? This is applicable to all human race in general. How do you expect a guy to react if you insult his family who he holds dear in his heart? Laugh about it? I insulted some buddhist in my town, though non-practicing like you, they get upset, same goes with everyone else and all other denominations.
Jesus called all of us to love one another because He realized our human weaknesses, as a Christian you are not called to insult back but to defend the truth, but with love. So you realized there are Christians who insults back, such as muscleman, well if he doesnt practice the virtue of Christ, thats his business and God will be the judge, however the truth he speaks shouldnt be disregarded because of his personal actions. Just as the Pharisees were considered hypocrite, evil, and non-virtuous, very same people who arrested Jesus and crucified him, yet Jesus said about them "Because they have studied the laws, what they teach do, but what they do donot follow. Beware the leavening of the Pharisees"...Again Jesus, Christianity, God is not the problem, its the so-called followers of the church who does not follow the rules of the church is the problem...

So what I'm wondering is why are christians so sensitive? If you critcise their religion, insult their religion or blaspheme they most often lose it. If you do it as part of a group, witch burnings, inquisitions etc. usually follow.

"Fanatacisim is always a sign of repressed doubt."
- Dune - The Butlerian Jihad

~Raithere

So you realized there are Christians who insults back, such as muscleman, well if he doesnt practice the virtue of Christ ... its the so-called followers of the church who does not follow the rules of the church is the problem...

Who do you define as the followers of the church?
It isnt just individual christians who are a problem, look at the history of your religion, every time christians get political power people die for it, usually en masse. Look at the inquisition, the witch burnings etc. A lot of individual christians took part in those atrocities. Martin Luthers writings about the jews help lay the ideological foundation of nazi germany.
You people preach love, but are full of hate.
If christiananity were a drug just invented today it would be outlawed.

Who do you define as the followers of the church?
It isnt just individual christians who are a problem, look at the history of your religion, every time christians get political power people die for it, usually en masse. Look at the inquisition, the witch burnings etc. A lot of individual christians took part in those atrocities. Martin Luthers writings about the jews help lay the ideological foundation of nazi germany.
You people preach love, but are full of hate.
If christiananity were a drug just invented today it would be outlawed.
Generalization, generalization, one after another, is there any mature atheist around? I havent found one yet?
atheist + maturity= MYTH.
So you propose being a christian means you commit mistakes, and makes all of them a murderer, generalizing like a 9 yrs old. Now does being an atheist make you not commit mistake? Now does being an agnostic makes you perfect and not commit mistake? I can also set many many examples of people who ARE NOT CHRISTIANS that are killers THEN GENERALIZE AND APPLY IT FOR ALL OF HIS NATIONALITIES OR BELIEF, for instance, I can say all atheist are murderers because of the killing fields in Cambodia, the leader being an atheist. Or I can say all communist citizens are killers because of the murders in Russia by stalin and other atheistic leaders. Or I can say all germans are killers because of Hitler.
Tell me one human being in the face of the earth who is perfect, give me one person...
Listen, so why dont you protest against the whole world then, protest against every country and every nation, all the human race and nationality in general, after all when people aree in power, people die for it.
Once again, THERE IS NO LAW THAT SAYS ITS OK TO KILL IN THE CATECHISM, OR THE NEW TESTAMENT OF JESUS CHRIST WHO CAME TO FULFILL THE LAW, OR IN CANON LAWS, IF THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE MASS MURDERERS AND CLAIMS THAT JESUS GAVE THEM PERMISSION, THEN I WILL REQUUIRE PROOF OF THAT AND SHOW ME WHERE IN THE BIBLE WHERE JESUS SAYS "YOU MUST KILL ALOT OF PEOPLE TO ENTER HEAVEN", JESUS UNLIKE MUHAMMED DOESNT PERMIT KILLINMG OF NON-BELIEVERS, IN FACT HE EMBRACE THEM AND LOVE THEM, like the roman pagans, the caanites, etc. You had christianitymixed up with QURAN, WHERE I HEARD IT WAS WRITTEN BY THE PROPHET MUHAMMED THAT FOR EVERY NON BELIEVERS U KILL FOR THE SAKE OF ALLLAH, A PLACE IN HEAVEN IS PREPARED FOR YOU...MUSLIMS HAVE NO EXCUSE BECAUSE IN THEIR RELIGION, THAT IS TAUGHT STRAIGHT OUT, JESUS DOESNT TEACH THAT, AND DONT GENERALIZE KID! DONT EVEN CALL ME CHILD MOLESTER BECAUSE SOME PRIEST DID, OK? GROW UP.

I don't want to get involved here but two things kinda begged for me to respond

Whutsupyall:
I insulted some buddhist in my town
Why?

who insults back, such as muscleman
Well, he does it very badly and mostly preaches all the time. When he argues, he rarely backs himself up with any hard evidence...actually, any evidence what so ever

And its official, Whatsupyall is just another persona for muscleman, its obvous :rolleyes:

After seeing the caps-lock finale to Whatsupyall's post, I concur with Thor. Only musclehead is capable of reaching the level of retardedness I read there.

Back