India a filthy country ?

IndianCurry2010

Registered Senior Member
A member of the forum referred to india as a dirty and filthy country. Well yes i agree it has its problems. These stem from the plunder of the countries resources by westerns notably the Portugeuse, English, Dutch and Americans.

The british stole more the $500 million in gold and silver during the reign of the british empire. The british heavily taxed indian goods. This was done to promote European goods. Raw materials were brought back from india to manufacture goods in europe and america.

By the time british left india in 1947 they had sucked the country, clean of its resources, destroyed much of the ecosystem causing pollution and mayhem.

Please understand if you are going to talk about india being filthy remember your ancestors are to blame.

I think the OP you're speaking of was more literal than anything else.

The Ganges is brown and full of sewage from so many people using it to their own ends... it was once a wonderful flowing blue river.

The oceanic shores are full of the world's surplus naval scrap- huge tankers taken apart piece by piece; scrap metal hauled off for recycling at the cost of the shoreline.

Cities overpopulated; teeming with people and a countryside teeming with people... there's just too many damn people.

Not enough fresh water for 1/6th the human population... people drinking questionable water.

Factory workers living elbow to elbow with their country-folk family, sharing undersupplied resources.

India is a filthy place.

It use to be a beautiful river before invasion of westerners to india. They stole, raped the poor women there. I read stories of how europeans raped indian women in the barracks and even killed these women and dumped their bodies in the river.

What happened to South america ? white spanish people destroyed a civilisation. They stole the gold and left south america as a poor devastated country with problems.

Please understand if you are going to talk about india being filthy remember your ancestors are to blame.

None of my ancestors were ever near India, ever. What should be said is that no one yet has tried to clean up all of this terrible mess for over 60 years now and it is only getting worse. The government could have tried to make laws, clean up the rivers and made other changes through the last 60 years but have failed in doing so. Do not blame others for what you haven't done because it only shows how you don't take responsibility for your own country but are always pointing your finger at others to blame.

India will oneday be a super power wait you will see. You make think that indians are third rate filthy people one day we will show the world how good we are.

I think the OP you're speaking of was more literal than anything else.

The Ganges is brown and full of sewage from so many people using it to their own ends... it was once a wonderful flowing blue river.
perhaps by the time it reaches Kolkatta but its not like you have to travel up to the Himalayas before you can drink it

The oceanic shores are full of the world's surplus naval scrap- huge tankers taken apart piece by piece; scrap metal hauled off for recycling at the cost of the shoreline.
Um, you are aware of how much coast line a country has when only its northern perimeter is land locked?
Cities overpopulated; teeming with people and a countryside teeming with people... there's just too many damn people.
much like NYC
:shrug:

Not enough fresh water for 1/6th the human population... people drinking questionable water.
only because rural populations are drawn to the lure of industrial enterprise offered by cities

Factory workers living elbow to elbow with their country-folk family, sharing undersupplied resources.
lol
Under supplied resources?
WTF are you talking about here?
Colour televisions? Sports shoes? DVD players?

India is a filthy place.
Its cities are filthy ... much like the cities of England and America are also filthy. Add industrialism to any urban concentration over a several million and you get filth (or more precisely, the artificial requirements of an urban concentration over several million require industrialism which is synonymous with filth). Its industrialism that is filthy.
:shrug:

I know just look at how filthy the place is!!!

022_detroit_city_poem_1b_by_estimmel.jpg

Detroit.jpg

detroit-house.jpg

Oh wait - That's Detroit Michigan!

Look, mainland China was never really all that occupied by Europeans, nor Eastern Europe or Russia nor North Korea and they're all pretty crap. Japan was occupied (and some would say still is, as well as nuked and bombed flat) and it's very clean. In the end Detroit is a shit hole because of the people of Detroit.

I know just look at how filthy the place is!!!

Oh wait - That's Detroit Michigan!

Look, mainland China was never really all that occupied by Europeans, nor Eastern Europe or Russia nor North Korea and they're all pretty crap. Japan was occupied (and some would say still is, as well as nuked and bombed flat) and it's very clean. In the end Detroit is a shit hole because of the people of Detroit.

I was in Mainland China from Beijing to Anshan in early 80's. They did not have any goods to make it filthy like Detroit. Recently I had a group come to USA. They said, you have to search for dirt poor condition now, unlike India's slums. But they think, if economy sinks, in a few years it will look like Detroit.

what on earth is that smell!

/retch

Leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner..

Next time, will have to remember to remove the plastic wrapper before cooking the turkey.

Last edited:
It use to be a beautiful river before invasion of westerners to india. They stole, raped the poor women there. I read stories of how europeans raped indian women in the barracks and even killed these women and dumped their bodies in the river.

What happened to South america ? white spanish people destroyed a civilisation. They stole the gold and left south america as a poor devastated country with problems.

I think your prejudice is showing friend. You can either continue to blame others for your problems or you can solve them...that was something Ghandi knew and did.

India has been independent now for some 60 years. India is now responsible for her own fate.

It is also clear that you know precious little about South America. South America is growing and making tremendous advances. But here is the difference, they are not sitting on their butts blaming others for their problems. You need to take a look a Brazil one of these days.

India has been independent now for some 60 years. India is now responsible for her own fate.

Jinhe'n naaz hai Hind par woh kahan hai?:shrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oiGSKT9m9SE#!

[edit: for those who don't know the language, this is a song about four victims of modern India, Bilqis Bano, Satyendra Kumar Dubey, Shanmugam Manjunath and Navleen Kumar. Together, the four iincidents encapsulate all that is wrong with India today. The meaning of the song title is Where are they who are so proud of India?]

Think of it as a parallel to the Parable of the Cave: when you see only shadows for a long time, the shadows become reality.

Socrates describes a group of people who have lived chained to the wall of a cave all of their lives, facing a blank wall. The people watch shadows projected on the wall by things passing in front of a fire behind them, and begin to ascribe forms to these shadows. According to Socrates, the shadows are as close as the prisoners get to viewing reality. He then explains how the philosopher is like a prisoner who is freed from the cave and comes to understand that the shadows on the wall are not constitutive of reality at all, as he can perceive the true form of reality rather than the mere shadows seen by the prisoners.

Thats what holds India back. Until we free ourselves from the cave, we won't grasp the reality of our circumstances. In Indian vernacular, we call it maya.

I don't have British ancestors so...

Are you going to blame what the British did 60+ years ago for the next 200 years? Germany was left in ruins after WW2 and look at them now. So stop blaming others and start to clean your shit up. You certainly have the manpower to do it.

Oh yeah, India is the ONLY country with the PLAGUE... And some do worship rats. So maybe you can start there....

Back