In the future

Slacker47

Paint it Black
Registered Senior Member
Once we establish a world community, what form of law should we have?

Middle eastern countries severely punish thier criminals:
http://www.ogrish.com/images/execution/execution_004.jpg

Americans have a death penalty, but only execute people in extreme circumstances...

Taoists believe that law leads to lawlessness, and with out law there would be no crime. Also, with out a sense of right and wrong, there would be no right nor wrong, just actions.

What does everyone propose? I say scare people shitless so they dont commit crimes or follow the Taoists, but ours is an evil earth.

I don't nessisarily think it's an 'evil' earth, just that we're all opportunists, until we somehow end up with a world where all wants are taken care of, we'll have people trying to survive through more devious means. . . well that and conflict over religion, politics, or other difference of views will most likely always be around, and rightly so, I say. Conflict isn't nessisarily a bad thing, so long as it eventualy brings about a resolution, which it always will.

I don't see that we'll ever have a 'world community' either, but then I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the term, so I don't know what you mean by it exactly. In a sence we certainly already have one, trade communication, and other forms of contact exist between cultures all over the world, does that count? But since you're speaking of laws, I assume you mean once we're all governed by the same rules, and have the same leader, or some such thing, and that's the scenario I find to be very unlikely.

Correct. Speaking theoretically, if we do establish a singular government, which would best apply to the whole of the population.

I guess you could say which one you think is better.

Back