In the beginning was the word...

Medicine*Woman

Jesus: Mythstory--Not History!
Valued Senior Member
M*W: ...and the word was with Moses who was worshipped as a pharaonic god in Egypt.

Exodus 11:3 "Moses was very great in the land of Egypt, in the sight of Pharaoh's servants, and in the sight of the people."

The son of Pharaoh Tuthmosis married his sister (as was tradition) so he could inherit the throne as Amenhotep III. He took on a second wife called Tiye, who was the daughter of Joseph. Tiye became pregnant, and a law came down from the Pharaoh to kill this first-born son of Tiye. Tiye went away and gave birth to a son. the midwives who delivered the baby boy talked Tiye into floating the child downstream in a basket to her uncle Levi's house.

This baby boy who was born around 1394 BC was named Aminadab. He was educated by the Egyptian priests of Ra. Aminadab married his half-sister Nefertiti.

Aminadab did not accept the Egyptian gods and idols, and he made known the god of Aten, an omnipotent God. The name Aten mean's 'Lord.' Aminadab was known as Amenhotep in Hebrew, and he changed his name to Akhenaten (servant of God).

Akhenaten and Nefertiti were the parents of Tutankhamun who ended up being the boy king. About the time his son had served as pharaoh for a few years, when he died, Akhenaten was banished from Egypt along with a group of his supporters. There was no way that Akhenaten could ever reclaim the pharaonic throne. He and his group fled south through Sinai, and his followers called him 'Mosis,' which means 'born of or heir' Tuth. Mosis' followers believed him to be the true Egyptian god Aten.

So, it is believed that Aten, or Mosis, may have written the first five books of the Old Testament. Some researchers disagree that Moses wrote these books, but whoever wrote them, wrote about Moses' journey out of Egypt.

"In the beginning was the word..." and the word was with Aten, God of the Egyptians. In no way does "the word made flesh" imply Jesus. Moses was the "word made flesh."

could you supply a bibliography, please? some details dont match up with accounts i have sitting in my lap as i type this......
thank you for your time.

you're perfect yes its true.
but without me, you are only you.
---mike patton

That sentence is propably not translated correctly: "In the beginning was the word". It should be like "in the beginning was the creative power (of god). or something. That "creative power" is mentioned in qur'an as well.

The Devil Inside: could you supply a bibliography, please? some details dont match up with accounts i have sitting in my lap as i type this......thank you for your time.
M*W: Much of this I thought up on my own. About Moses, there was a documentary on TV that mentioned Moses being a pharaoh. I'll look this up in some of the books I have on hand. It's like after years of reading something, an idea will come to mind. Scholars aren't even sure if Moses wrote the Pentateuch, but assuming he did, I wanted to analyze the first words of Genesis since Christians believe "the Word" to be Jesus in the flesh. I doubt that is true.

Please feel free to tell me about the accounts you have and we can compare notes.

Akhenaten attempted unsuccessfully to change to make the Egyptians worship Aten, a sun god. But as a pharoah it is unlikely he had anything to do with Moses, who was hebrew.

okinrus: Akhenaten attempted unsuccessfully to change to make the Egyptians worship Aten, a sun god. But as a pharoah it is unlikely he had anything to do with Moses, who was hebrew.
M*W: Hi, okinrus, let's start this discussion on a friendly note. Moses was Egyptian by birth, the son of a Pharaoh Tuthmosis II, not officially Hebrew. His mother was half-Hebrew.

Tiye, the daughter of the Hebrew Joseph (title - Chief Minister) called 'Yuyu' in Egypt, married Tuthmosis II and they had a son who was threatened to be killed. The midwives conspired with Tiye to float the boy down the river to Joseph's half-brother Levi. Joseph and Levi were, again, at least half-Hebrew.

The baby boy was named Aminadab and was born around 1394 BC. His father was Egyptian and his mother was one-quarter Hebrew. He was educated by Egyptian priests of the Sun God, Ra. He grew up and married his Egyptian half-sister, Nefertiti, but he never could align himself with worshipping the many Egyptian deities and idols. So, Aminadab introduced the idea of of Aten, a God who was imageless. 'Aten' meant 'Lord.'

Aminadab is the Hebrew equivalent of Amenhotep or 'Amun is pleased, and Aminadab changed his name to Akhenaten of 'servant of Aten (God). When his father died, Moses became known as Pharaoh Amenhotep IV. This was his official title as pharaoh of Egypt, but remember, he changed his personal name to Akhenaten.

As pharaoh he closed all the temples to the Egyptian deities and built new temples to Aten. He became unpopular with the priests of Ra and was forced to abdicate, but he refused. He was eventually ousted from his pharaohship and fled. His son, Tutankhaten, took over the throne at age 11. He changed his name to Tutankhamun, and as the story goes, the Pharaoh Tut died as a very young age while his dad Akhenaten was thrown out of Egypt lock, stock and barrel. His supporters followed their rightful pharaoh, and they began to call him 'Mosis.'

"Evidence from Egypt indicates that Moses (Akhenaten) led his people from Pi-Rameses (near modern Kantra) southward, through Sinai, towards Lake Timash."14

14(Osman, A., Moses Pharaoh of Egypt, Grafton/Collins, London 1990)

Those who fled with Moses were the sons and daughters of Jacob who was also called 'Israel.'

"It is now generally acknowledged that the opening chapters of the Old Testament do not accurately represent the early history of the world, as they appear to suggest."9 "More precisely, they tell the story of a family -- a family that in time became a race comprising various tribes; a race that in turn became the Hebrew nation."10

9(Chase, Mary Ellen, Life and Language in the Old Testament , Collins, London, 1956, ch 3,pp 32-9.)
10(Osman, A., The House of the Messiah, Harper Collins, London, 1992, ch 17, p. 96).

All the names of Moses are confusing as is the dynasties of the pharaohs. I will stop here for now. I have some 120 other references I could share, but I would like to hear your comments about this.

Back