Immortality Invented! What the Hell?

gabreal

Registered Member
Alex Chiu's Website

Thi guy says that by speeding up the flow of chi in the body, people can live forever.

I myself have been interested in asian philosophy forr a while now. His claims pan out ragarding the chi stuff. (see tai chi, zang zuang, yago etc)

Should we believe him? Personally I do, but what are you opinions?

It's very easy to become Immortal (well near Immortal), just make sure you set aside enough cash and write a Will dictating what you want written on a Tomb stone.

(Okay I admit, thats Immortalisation through generating something that lasts longer than 15 minutes in an Obituary section of a newspaper. Although Warhol might not have suggested that was "the" 15 minutes.)

If you wanted to live forever (or just alot longer) then your going to have to start doing some research into hominoid hybrid trees, or tree hybrid hominiods.

Or the more likely is to get your entire brain mapped and either duplicated into a machine or "Uploaded" (energy transfer) to a machine. This would most definitely extend your "life?" but maybe invalidate your warrantee.

As for the starting post, well if you could stay calm you might gain a few days, months or years, however with all the stress of the world around us and the pollution thats kicked out, you'd probably lose that time and still end up in a deficit.

What I find funny is that the rings are supopsed to give you immortality, but then he states:
"The Foot Braces do exactly the same things the Eternal Life Rings do. The only difference is that the foot braces are much stronger than the rings (about 300% stronger). "

Why exactly would you want to be 300% immortal? and what the hell does that mean?

Also funny that the inventor has a receding hairline (composed of dead cells).

Haha, he is so vain he even claims that his immortality-giving powers were prophesised in the bible along with WWII etc!

Should we believe him? Personally I do, but what are you opinions?

It is incredible how many ignorant people still live to this day. There are still some people who, no matter what BS u tell them, will really believe in u! If I made a pseudoscientific claim on a website that the world was going to end in June of next year (and made it look much more scientific and believable than he did) then Im sure u would be posting it here and asking "should we believe him?" :D

Now tell me this. What in your mind has decided that we SHOULD believe him?

To peusdoscience with you!!! oh wait thats right we don't have a moderator. spuriousmonkey what would you do if you were moderator? :)

WellCookedFetus said:
To peusdoscience with you!!! oh wait thats right we don't have a moderator. spuriousmonkey what would you do if you were moderator? :)

I would ask him why this is a biology topic and hope he gets the 'subtle' hint that goes with that question.

Didn't somebody post this in here a while back? I seem to recognize that name (Alex Chiu) from somewhere, and I'm almost certain that it was sciforums...

I've seen it on SSSF, I think. I suspect he's just another New Age peddler, with claims a little more outrageous than most.

Didn't somebody post this in here a while back? I seem to recognize that name (Alex Chiu) from somewhere, and I'm almost certain that it was sciforums..

Yeah they did, but wouldn't it be awesome if these rings were for real? I wouldn't mind staying this age for a few more years :).

You guys are right, this was posted here shortly ago. Another user posted something along the lines of Chiu being a convicted con artist arrested several times, not just for scamming, but for the particular scam being discussed here.

I used to run an EN website when I was younger, during that time Chiu offered to give a free set of immortality rings to websites that gave him a certain ammount of referal hits. Something for nothing; I could satisfy a little professional curiosity for free. I took him up on it, got the free rings, figured out what I wanted to know about them and threw them in the trash the next day. They're just common magnets in a second rate adjustable plastic band.

Questions about the validity of magnetic therapy? Go here: http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/QA/magnet.html

Back