I'm not sure where to start

Tiassa

Let us not launch the boat ...
Valued Senior Member
American Heritage Dictionary (Bartleby): "ouch"

• Buchanan, Wyatt. "Auburn woman admits she made up rape story." Seattle Post-Intelligencer, December 12, 2003. See http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/152187_norape12.html
An Auburn woman has admitted to police that she made up a story about being raped in a riverside park to gain sympathy -- and rent money -- from her parents.

The woman had said an unkempt man, possibly a transient, jumped from the bushes at Isaac Evans Park along the Green River on Monday afternoon and raped her within earshot of her 5-year-old daughter, who was playing nearby.

The allegations drew the attention of the news media, including top-of-the-hour reports on local television stations.

Inconsistencies in the woman's story and evidence that did not support a rape made police suspicious, said Cmdr. Bob Karnofski of the Auburn Police Department. She recanted the story yesterday.

The medical examination did not reveal injuries matching her description of the attack, Karnofski said. Also, police could not confirm the existence of a $300 money order she said the man had stolen from her.
I'm ... not sure where to begin. The article goes on. The story actually gets worse.

There's a morbid joke that goes here about Auburn, Washington, but it's just inappropriate.

Can you believe she faces only a misdemeanor for the false report? Considering someone may have spent years in prison, I’d think a year for herself would be appropriate.

Originally posted by tiassa
There's a morbid joke that goes here about Auburn, Washington, but it's just inappropriate.
And?
It wouldn't be much of a joke if it wasn't innapropriate, spit it out:D

Auburn girls

It wouldn't be much of a joke if it wasn't innapropriate, spit it out
Auburn is on the south edge of King County. Growing up, I lived in a little town called Sumner, which was on the north edge of Pierce County. Living in the ... not necessarily the rich area, but hey, we had waterfront ... Auburn girls were sort of the "wrong side of the tracks" kids that we knew through the school system (we lived right near the edge of two districts, and were waived from our district in favor of another at my parents' request).

Auburn girls wore "locker bangs" and bad makeup, spandex and Def Leppard t-shirts. They were our earliest prejudice of loose women. Sure, we had them in Sumner, too, but there's a bunch of people I know who went to school from Seattle to Bremerton and Tacoma who know what you mean when you say, "Auburn girl."

This sounds ... exactly like an Auburn girl.

Have you seen me?

"Have you seen me?" Police sketch of imaginary suspect brought over 100 tips from the public. (Seattle Times)

The article is pretty much the same information as the P-I article in the topic post. But they had that picture at the Times.

i think rather than looking at this womans fault maybe you should be looking at the reason why she did it. There's 1 explanation to why she would do such a thing, her poverty was making life unbearable for herself and her 5 year old daughter. Why doesn't she have a job? If she does have a job then why is it she needs to make up such stories to pay for a place to sleep? As yourself these questions and you may realize that the woman isn't a fault here but rather society itself. There's no reasons why a woman who has a job would get such a small amount of money that she can pay for rent. If she doesn't have a job then why not? Is it discirimination and prejudice or is she simply lazy? I don't think somone who is lazy would go through this much trouble to get some money to pay the rent, therefore she may be having trouble getting a job because of her being a woman. I think if people were more generous she wouldn't have to make up such a story. A few dollars to the needy may have kept her from making the decision of coming up with such a vile story. Now, does she really deserve a year in jail while she has a 5 year old to look after and not enough money to get food?

Back