If you could change the world's religions...

Rather be different than be the same?

• We mix, mingle, and all become one big religion.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • We retain group differences.

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters

Scaramouche

Registered Member
The human world is currently composed of many different sorts of people. In this thread I'm talking about religion. We are different. If you had the choice between the options above, which would you choose, and why?

Expanded from above:

1. All groups mingle over time resulting in one religion, one belief. We're all the same.

2. Somehow we retain our differences, and specific religions remain identifiable.

I'd change them into getting rid of their beliefs and educate them as to the scientific way of life. Showing the religions they are all wrong is going to be very hard for myths and beliefs are hard to expose as made up stories.

I didn't vote, but I prefer to keep things as they are ....because it causes conflicts in the world, which causes armed violence, which gets rid of some humans, ....which is always a good thing in my mind!

There's too many humans, ridding the world of a few more is a good thing.

Baron Max

We are all the same. We are all the same because we all have a conciousness. Everything else it is obvious it is different. Conciousness comes from God.

consciousness arises in the brain and can be altered by altering the chemicals and anatomy of the brain.

I think it's good to have some differences so long as they don't retard people too much and don't instigate violence. There are too many people but we can deal with that by changing breeding allowances.

The human world is currently composed of many different sorts of people. In this thread I'm talking about religion. We are different. If you had the choice between the options above, which would you choose, and why?

Expanded from above:

1. All groups mingle over time resulting in one religion, one belief. We're all the same.

2. Somehow we retain our differences, and specific religions remain identifiable.

How can the free willed decisions of the general populace ever become a personal choice?

What will happen will happen.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Expanded from above:

I'd go with the second one; freedom of religion and conscience and all that good stuff.
The first one just sounds either astoundingly boring or terrifyingly dystopian, depending on how it's achieved.

consciousness arises in the brain and can be altered by altering the chemicals and anatomy of the brain.

I think it's good to have some differences so long as they don't retard people too much and don't instigate violence. There are too many people but we can deal with that by changing breeding allowances.

So what you are saying, the conciousness comes from the brain?

Back