If you are a virgin woman, be very afraid.

Joeman

Eviiiiiiiil Clown
Registered Senior Member
Deuteronomy 22:28

If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father 50 shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives

Does this mean if you are an unmarried Christian male, the only thing that prevents you from finding a virgin and rape her is the cops?

SkippingStones said:
I think you did a hit and run on "Context" when you tried to click the submit button. :D

Do you even know the bible?

Deuteronomy is just a bunch of laws. There is no context. It's not like there is a story or a series of events. This section talks about marriage violations. There are just a bunch of stand alone items.

Joeman,
Deuteronomy 22:28 is a law not applicable for this Christian era. Christians are not under the law of Moses, but under the commandments by Jesus Christ and the Father which was written as gospel.

Hebrew 1:1-3
1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

==========================================
regards,
jocel_gomez
member of Church of God International
http://www.angdatingdaan.org/main.php
http://www.angdatingdaan.org/segments/segments.htm
http://webtv.angdatingdaan.net/

As I've answered this question before. The NIV translation of that passage is wrong. (what I mean is there are more reasonable translations of the passage, such mine which says "had relations," that do not use the word "rape.")

okinrus said:
As I've answered this question before. The NIV translation of that passage is wrong. (what I mean is there are more reasonable translations of the passage, such mine which says "had relations," that do not use the word "rape.")

There are lots and lots of very weird things on the bible. Here are the excuses I heard so far.

1. Translations were wrong.
2. Some passages should not be taken literally.
3. Moral standard and practices were different, and therefore God allowed it.

I am still waiting for something new, which I haven't heard before.

So basically jesus just spat in god's face when he came down and encouraged the breaking of god's laws.
No wonder god tortured him to death.

Gee, Joeman, ya sure like to pick a lot of things outta the Bible to show Christians all the weird things they must follow . . . :rolleyes: I wish I were more like you! You apparently just sat down one day and read the Bible cover to cover . . . or at least the first five books.

I'm in the same boat as you are with the "excuses" I've heard. I would gladly share all my ideas if I weren't so tired at present.

Keep it up, the citing weirdo passages of the Bible. The only way I would ever see them is if people like you post them. :D

Originally Posted by mikey p
im gonna go rape me some women

:bugeye: Can't you get banned for saying such things? Even if yer kidding?

Anyway, 'til my next post!

"Snausages!" - Âðelwulf
"Stuff makes me tick. Junk makes me tick too. But wicked awesome stuff - that's what really makes me tick!" - Timmy Turner

You apparently just sat down one day and read the Bible cover to cover . . . or at least the first five books.

While this is certainly a possibility, what he's posted have all been in Deuteronomy and Leviticus. The rules of the bible.

Joeman,

There's another twist to it: What if the man is already married? Is he supposed to leave his wife and his children and go to live with the woman he raped?
Also, how did they prove that the woman was a virgin?
If she wasn't a virgin, could a man simply rape her, and walk away blameless, even though he would be seen with her?

Either way, I think that women fall extremely short in the Christian agenda.

What happens if shes a gay woman and he rapes her? Your supposed to stone gays to death, what a predicament that would be.....

RosaMagika said:
Joeman,

Either way, I think that women fall extremely short in the Christian agenda.

Just to be fair, I think women are second class citizen only in OT. I have never read anything about Jesus discriminating women unfairly I don't think.

invert_nexus said:
While this is certainly a possibility, what he's posted have all been in Deuteronomy and Leviticus. The rules of the bible.

:D

Da's right. I just started reading bible from the very beginning. I got through the first 5 chapters and now I am reading Joshua. I have read bible cover to cover before though. There are lots and lots of weird things in the bible. Even Jesus have said some weird things.

Joeman said:
Does this mean if you are an unmarried Christian male, the only thing that prevents you from finding a virgin and rape her is the cops?
Yes! aighnt christianity grand! :D

Even if the word 'rape' is not the clear definition and it has many interpretations concerning that specific passage, the whole concept of 'violating' a woman just because you have sexual relations with her is sexist and obsurd. Also, noone can deny the importance that the holy books put on virginity of woman specifically, that is the most sexist thing which lives on today because of narrow minded christians.

jojo said:
Joeman,
Deuteronomy 22:28 is a law not applicable for this Christian era. Christians are not under the law of Moses, but under the commandments by Jesus Christ and the Father which was written as gospel.

Not True at all!!!

Remember, there was no New Testament at all when Jesus said the following. He was speaking strickly of the Old Testament when he said:

Matthew 5:17-19

"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill. For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the Law, until all is accomplished. Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and so teaches others, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

We are still under Moses's law today

RosaMagika said:
Joeman,

Also, how did they prove that the woman was a virgin?

Numbers 5: 11 - 31

"The priest shall bring her before the Lord, and take holy water in a clay jar and mix into it dust from the floor of the Tabernacle. He shall unbind her hair and place the suspicion offering in her hands to determine whether or not her husband's suspicions are justified. The priest shall stand before her holding the jar of bitter water that brings a curse. He shall require her to swear that she is innocent, and then he shall say to her, 'If no man has slept with you except your husband, be free from the effects of this bitter water that causes the curse. But if you have committed adultery, then Jehovah shall make you a curse among your people, for he will make your thigh rot away and your body swell.' And the woman shall be required to say, 'Yes, let it be so.'
Then the priest shall write these curses in a book and wash them off into the bitter water. (When he requires the woman to drink the water, it becomes bitter within her (if she is guilty).) "Then the priest shall take the suspicion offering from the woman's hand and wave it before Jehovah, and carry it to the altar. He shall take a handful, representing all of it, and burn the handful upon the altar, and then require the woman to drink the water.

If she has been defiled, having committed adultery against her husband, the water will become bitter within her, and her body will swell and her thigh will rot, and she shall be a curse among her people.

But if she is pure and has not committed adultery, she shall be unharmed and will soon become pregnant.

Joeman said:

DAMN, Joeman. I very nearly came close to being converted to Christianity. Better job of conversion than any Christian could've done. DAMN YOU. DAMN YOU FOREVER.

Fortunately I resisted. My mind is tougher than that! ;)

Joeman said:
There are lots and lots of very weird things on the bible. Here are the excuses I heard so far.

1. Translations were wrong.
2. Some passages should not be taken literally.
3. Moral standard and practices were different, and therefore God allowed it.

I am still waiting for something new, which I haven't heard before.

Number 2 is not an excuse u fool, it is the truth. Why do u want to wait for something new which is lies?

Back