Identity Fraud

Joeman

Eviiiiiiiil Clown
Registered Senior Member
Feds Crack Largest Identity Fraud Case Ever

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,71371,00.html

This news give me this thought.

There are so many things we can do to deter Identity fraud. How about adding photo ID's on credit card? Duh!!! When can we do that? Stories don't care because they get the money whoever uses it.

How about only allowing credit card use from authorized and authenticated internet IP's?

How about start discussing something useful like this thread instead of all the liberal propaganda threads or threads that attack GOP or Bush like it never gets old?

Originally posted by Joeman
How about start discussing something useful like this thread instead of all the liberal propaganda threads or threads that attack GOP or Bush like it never gets old?
Well, Joe, here is a small sampling of threads that are not devoted to “liberal propaganda”, yet I recall you participating in none of them.Perhaps what you really mean is, “How about start discussing something I find useful…” Unfortunately, the forum cannot be custom tailored to suit your interests alone. If you find the type of threads you mentioned boring, please feel free to continue not posting anything of substance in them.

Peace.

haha. you moved this thread because you are pissed off. It is definitely related to politics. funny.

The reason I did not participate in those threads is because YOU are the moderator.

I don't like censorships in general. It is especially not necessary in this forum.

It is just difference in philosophy. Nothing personal.

If you just want to agree amoung yourselves or just turn politics forum into a liberal lips service forum. Fine with me. I just won't post a thread that intrude upon your territory.

Anthony,

Your forum is becomming a sewage for goofyfish's forum. If you have any backbone move this thread back to where it belongs.

Pissed off about what? How is the topic political? I see it as a criminal investigation that relates it to justice. If your take differs, drop an explaination and we'll get it moved back. You are not being censored, as the topic still exists. If you feel that the WE&P forum is merely for lip service, why not challenge the information presented there and support your position as others do?

Or take the low road and claim individual persecution. Your choice.

Peace.

Originally posted by goofyfish
How is the topic political?

Of Course it is.

#1a. Identity fraud is all time high. It is news worthy.

#1b. Credit card existed for a long time. There has been many laws proposed to combat identity fraud but none got passed. Photo ID's. Finger prints. Laser codes containing all sorts of informations instead of just magnetic numbers. ACLU jump in here and there. Both parties pointing fingers citing "special interests." Also internet shopping is like a wild west. Nothing is being done about it.

#2 If something is borderline news event or politics, why not just leave it be? I never heard anyone complain about it. I am not talking about just my thread. I don't care about my threads really. There are so many unproven and unprovable "accusation" or "conspiracy theories". At one point I lobbied to create a seperate "pseudo politics" forum the way pseudo science forum works. If I can put up with that, I can put up with a few threads slightly off topics here and there.

#3 I don't like forums that are moderated heavily. I have stated my reason why several times in various threads.

Persecution or no persecution doesn't matter to me. I don't take it personally. I take it as difference in philosophy. Mine is better but you moderate your forum whichever way you want. If I don't like it, I just don't participate. Easy enough.

#1a. Identity fraud is all time high. It is news worthy.
Yes, it is newsworthy - which doen not make it political.
#1b. Credit card existed for a long time. There has been many laws proposed to combat identity fraud but none got passed. Photo ID's. Finger prints. Laser codes containing all sorts of informations instead of just magnetic numbers. ACLU jump in here and there. Both parties pointing fingers citing "special interests."
Do you see a difference between the idea expressed here and the lack in your first post? If something along this line is your intended point of discussion, you need to express it. We do not have the ability to divine intent.
At one point I lobbied to create a seperate "pseudo politics" forum the way pseudo science forum works.
So did I. The idea was nixed.
#3 I don't like forums that are moderated heavily.
What is heavy moderation? I snip out the more vulgar profanities. I don't attempt to control where a thread wanders, on-topic or off. I occasionally move a thread to a different forum. In what area does your dissatisfaction lie?

Peace.

Originally posted by goofyfish
Yes, it is newsworthy - which doen not make it political.

The forum is called World Events & Politics. Not just politics. I interpret world events as anything news worthy that happens anywhere in the world.

Do you see a difference between the idea expressed here and the lack in your first post? If something along this line is your intended point of discussion, you need to express it. We do not have the ability to divine intent.

It was my intent to leave the topic open ended. Our congress in both state and federal level have tried to tackle indentity fraud for a long time. It has the POTENTIAL to be political related. People can talk about how criminals can be deterred and prosecuted. That would make the thread fit in more in this forum.
People can also talk about internet security. That would make the thread drift off a little bit. Any discussion about indentity fraud would be interesting. I have no problem with Wet1 or somebody else moving threads that are 50 posts long and clearly drifting off to a different universe and not comming back. But why move a thread that is just starting? Why not just take it easy?

In fact there was a good chance this thread would just die because there was only 4 views after I posted it for several hours. If people don't like it, they don't even bother posting in it. Why not just take it easy first and let the people decide? There are plenty of threads that just die of natural causes.

So did I. The idea was nixed.What is heavy moderation? I snip out the more vulgar profanities. I don't attempt to control where a thread wanders, on-topic or off. I occasionally move a thread to a different forum. In what area does your dissatisfaction lie?

Peace.

Sums up to one word: Micromanagement.

Profanities can be very interesting, especially in a flame war. When two people are fighting on the street, either stop, grab a popcorn and soda and enjoy the show or just keep walking. But that is just me.

well it looks as if this thread has taken a direction completly off topic starting with the 2nd response :)

flame WAR! flame WAR!

Joeboy, I suggest you have your diaper changed and then have Nanny put you down for a nap.

I don't like censorships in general. It is especially not necessary in this forum.

Ha, but you believe in bush gov. How does it differ? lol.
Oh you poor thing, you don't like us criticsing bush either?

Northwind: Joeboy I suggest you have your diaper changed and then have Nanny put you down for a nap.

About time.

Originally posted by skywalker

Ha, but you believe in bush gov. How does it differ? lol.

I don't know anything about Jed. I don't really care.

Oh you poor thing, you don't like us criticsing bush either?

There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism

About time.

To fuck your mom? Ask her if she swallows

Originally posted by On Radioactive Waves
oops, i hope i didnt start this....

anyhow, this is the type of thing i was talking about here
http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13441

instead of the thread getting discussed, some is all upset becuase someone edited out their comment about "blablabla , oh look! my cats fuckin tha rabbit! bla bla bla"

Why do you use a shift key on your name but not your post?

Ummm.... i used the shift key on my name back in May (might have even used Caps Lock instead) Okay, Point Taken! yes , I am Lazy!!!!!!

To fuck your mom? Ask her if she swallows [/B]

Thank you for proving the point of this thread. Now go back to your trailer trash home and bang your family just like rest of your kind. When done, there are cows and dogs etc out side. Seems like you are going to be busy for a while. :p :p

Thank you for proving the point of this thread. Now go back to your trailer trash home and bang your family just like rest of your kind. When done, there are cows and dogs etc out side. Seems like you are going to be busy for a while. :p :p

You haven't answered my question yet. Does she swallow? Or she spits?

I will as soon as I am done with your sisters ;)

That would be your aunt foo....since I got your mom pregnant many many years ago.

That would be your aunt foo....since I got your mom pregnant many many years ago.

That was your cow dummy, LOL. Your whole family is like that. Dang where ya from kid, Arkansas?:D :D Stop making your friendly neighbourly animals preganant. We live away from your kind of society. Ewww:D

Back