I know, this is a little late, but here they are- Scary Quotes ( kinda long )

Tinker683

Registered Senior Member
Before I begin posting quotes I'd like everyone to keep in mind that these are just a small number of them. All of them can be found at this link. Also, all things written in [brackets] is my personnal thoughts on them.

Anywho....away we go...........

Gen 19:7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.
19:8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your
eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

[ Here we see Lot, one of the Bibles most decorated men, giving up his daughters to the mobs of Sodom and Gommorah. Nice guy.. ]

Gen 34:24
And unto Hamor and unto Shechem his son hearkened all that went out of the gate of his city; and every male was circumcised, all that went out of the gate of his city.
34:25
And it came to pass on the third day, when they were sore, that two of the sons of Jacob, Simeon and Levi, Dinah's brethren, took each man his sword, and came upon
the city boldly, and slew all the males.
34:26
And they slew Hamor and Shechem his son with the edge of the sword, and took Dinah out of Shechem's house, and went out.
34:27
The sons of Jacob came upon the slain, and spoiled the city, because they had defiled their sister.
34:28
They took their sheep, and their oxen, and their asses, and that which was in the city, and that which was in the field,
34:29
And all their wealth, and all their little ones, and their wives took they captive, and spoiled even all that was in the house.

[ Biblical justice at it's best ]

Exodus 4:21 And the LORD said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go.

and

Exodus 12:29
And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto
the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.
12:30
And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not
a house where there was not one dead.

[ Couldn't this be construed as pre-meditated murder? God delibrately made the Pharoah refuse to give the Israelites up, and then went about with the plagues, and death sentences of thousdands of innocent people. ]

Exodus 21:20
And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.
21:21
Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.

[ Since you paid for a slave, God said your allowed to beat him as you wish ]

Exodus 22:16
And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife.
22:17
If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins.

[ Ladies, keep in mind: Theres a dowry on your virginity ]

Exodus 22:24
And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.

[ More mercy from the loving god. ]

Exodus 34:11
Observe thou that which I command thee this day: behold, I drive out before thee the Amorite, and the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the
Jebusite.
34:12
Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:
34:13
But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves:
34:14
For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

[ A fine example of religous tolerance. ]

Numbers 5:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
5:2 Command the children of Israel, that they put out of the camp every leper, and every one that hath an issue, and whosoever is defiled by the dead:
5:3 Both male and female shall ye put out, without the camp shall ye put them; that they defile not their camps, in the midst whereof I dwell.
5:4 And the children of Israel did so, and put them out without the camp: as the LORD spake unto Moses, so did the children of Israel.

[ I dunno what "defiled by death" means, but it sounds like these guys left their sick to die. ]

Num 21:34
And the LORD said unto Moses, Fear him not: for I have delivered him into thy hand, and all his people, and his land; and thou shalt do to him as thou didst unto
Sihon king of the Amorites, which dwelt at Heshbon.
21:35
So they smote him, and his sons, and all his people, until there was none left him alive: and they possessed his land.

[ God condones genocide, and mass murder ]

Num 25:1 And Israel abode in Shittim, and the people began to commit whoredom with the daughters of Moab.
25:2 And they called the people unto the sacrifices of their gods: and the people did eat, and bowed down to their gods.
25:3 And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel.
25:4 And the LORD said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce
anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.
25:5 And Moses said unto the judges of Israel, Slay ye every one his men that were joined unto Baalpeor.
25:6 And, behold, one of the children of Israel came and brought unto his brethren a Midianitish woman in the sight of Moses, and in the
sight of all the congregation of the children of Israel, who were weeping before the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
25:7 And when Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he rose up from among the congregation, and
took a javelin in his hand;

[ It would seem Vladmir the Impaler took lessons from Moses. Or is it God? ]

Numbers 31:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
31:2 Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites: afterward shalt thou be gathered unto thy people.
31:3 And Moses spake unto the people, saying, Arm some of yourselves unto the war, and let them go against the Midianites, and avenge the LORD of Midian.
31:4 Of every tribe a thousand, throughout all the tribes of Israel, shall ye send to the war.
31:5 So there were delivered out of the thousands of Israel, a thousand of every tribe, twelve thousand armed for war.
31:6 And Moses sent them to the war, a thousand of every tribe, them and Phinehas the son of Eleazar the priest, to the war, with the holy instruments, and the trumpets to blow in his hand.
31:7 And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males.
31:8 And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they
slew with the sword.
31:9 And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods.
31:10
And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire.
31:11
And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts.
31:12
And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by
Jordan near Jericho.
31:13
And Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and all the princes of the congregation, went forth to meet them without the camp.
31:14
And Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, which came from the battle.
31:15
And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?
31:16
Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.
31:17
Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
31:18
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

[ This is simply barbaric. This is the type of people Christians seek to look up too? Yikes! ]

Ok... skipping ahead a little bit...

2 Kings 2:23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out
of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth
two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

[ God butchers 42 children because they taunted his prophet. Yet again, an example of biblical justice ]

Isaiah 36:12
But Rabshakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and
drink their own piss with you?

and

Ez. 4:12 And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight.

and

4:15 Then he said unto me, Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung, and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.

[ EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I didn't know the people of the bible practiced Scat. BLECK! :eek: ]

Now for some stuff out of the New Testament :)

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom
of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

[ Jesus condones all the stuff of the Old Testament. Nuff said :bugeye: ]

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

[ Here Jesus says " Many will enter, few will win " reguarding salvation and damnation. ]

Matthew 11:21
Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago
in sackcloth and ashes.
11:22
But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.
11:23
And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it
would have remained until this day.
11:24
But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

[ Jesus is condemning these cities because they refused to listen to him. Your Prince of Peace, ladies and gentleman ]

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against
nature:
1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men
working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

[ Well, heres the New Testiment version of intolerance toward homosexuals ]

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and
Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

[ Gods wrath is upon those who reject him. When's the "loving-father" version of God going to step up to the plate? ]

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

[ Christians are have judiscal-immunity. Why? Because they " are of God ". Please. ]

Romans 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
11:10
Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

[ Basically, God blinded some Jews so that they wouldn't reconize Jesus as the Messiah. Why would God do this? Doesn't he want everyone saved? Or does he not? ]

Romans 14:23 "He that doubteth is damned ... Whosoever is not of faith is sin."

[ Well, there ya go. Everyone who doubts at all is sinning, rather than just being sheep ]

2 Cor 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with
darkness?
6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my
people.
6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

[ Christians, your not allowed to be with anyone that isn't of Jesus. This is the one verse I think my g/f had best remain ignorant of, because I don't even want to think about what it might do to her =\ ]

2 Cor. 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
10:6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

[ Christians imfamous appeal to ignorance. Rather than doubt, just "trust" in Jesus. ]

Col. 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

[ Once again, another appeal to ignorance- stay away from thinkers! ]

1 Cor. 14:34
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as
also saith the law.
14:35
And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

[ Oooo... big slap in the face to women everywhere. I wonder how many women trult follow this straight-foreward command? ]

1 Cor. 14:38
But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

[ Well said Paul. :p ]

Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the
only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

[ So God basically creates men born for damnation? WOW! What a loving father figure! ]

And lastly....

2 Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

[ That says it all. God delibrately made some people "unfaithful" so that they would be damned. I want nothing to do with this tyrant, thank you, very much. ]

Back