I am now a theist!!

YoYoPapaya

Trump/Norris - 2012
Registered Senior Member
After taking this test that Chi made:

Credit to Birch for this thread as he was the inspiration.

Ok here is the test, Both for Theists and Atheists This is a live Experiment and please post your results.

Firstly if you are a believer in god I want you to try your very hardest to "stop Believing" in god. This is a serious test not a joke. Try as hard as you can and try to force yourself to become an atheist.

If you are an Atheist The same applies in reverse Try your very best to try and force yourself to believe In god. Try to force theism upon yourself.

I am interested to see if any of you can achieve this. I have already tried and Failed terribly at making myself an atheist.

If your an agnotis piss off lol you dont get to play here with yourlogical little fence sitting minds shoo and stop being so PC you little rascals.

Ready set Go!

I found that i had become a believer. You may say I was touched by a noodly appendage. Thank you Chi for making me see the light.

flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, while having existed in secrecy for hundreds of years, only recently came into the mainstream when this letter was published in May 2005.

With millions, if not thousands, of devout worshippers, the Church of the FSM is widely considered a legitimate religion, even by its opponents – mostly fundamentalist Christians, who have accepted that our God has larger balls than theirs.

Some claim that the church is purely a thought experiment, satire, illustrating that Intelligent Design is not science, but rather a pseudoscience manufactured by Christians to push Creationism into public schools. These people are mistaken. The Church of FSM is real, totally legit, and backed by hard science. Anything that comes across as humor or satire is purely coincidental.

Further

Pastafarianism is a real religion.

Most of us do not believe a religion – Christianity, Islam, Pastafarianiasm – requires literal belief in order to provide spiritual enlightenment. That is, we can be part of a community without becoming indoctrinated. There are many levels of belief.

By design, the only dogma allowed in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the rejection of dogma. That is, there are no strict rules and regulations, there are no rote rituals and prayers and other nonsense. Every member has a say in what this church is and what it becomes.

To outsiders it makes us hard to define, but here are some general things that can be said about our beliefs:

* We believe pirates, the original Pastafarians, were peaceful explorers and it was due to Christian misinformation that they have an image of outcast criminals today
* We are fond of beer
* Every Friday is a Religious Holiday
* We do not take ourselves too seriously
* We embrace contradictions (though in that we are hardly unique)

I am not trying to proselytize. I just want to share my happiness that I found his holy noodliness.

Back