I am not impressed...

exsto_human

Transitional
Registered Senior Member
by cars. I am not impressed by space ships. I am not impressed by hydrogen bombs. I am not impressed by nano-technology. I am not impressed by string theory and the theory of the origin of black holes. I am not impressed by electron microscopes. I am not impressed by preventive medicin. I am not impressed by the doctrine of the human anatomy and the study of biomechanics. I am not impressed by psycho analysis and the study of psychology. I am not impressed by New York, Tokyo or London. I am not impressed by refrigeration. I am not impressed by television or computers. I am not impressed by the doctrine of quantum physics and the theory of relativity. I am not impressed by money or luxury. I am not impressed by the power to subdue nature or other humans. I am not impressed by tanks, fighterjets and cruise missiles. I am not impressed by a soft bed and luxurious food.

And I am ready to give it all up for the sake of turth.

What am I? Go on, impress me. ;)

exsto_human said:
by cars. I am not impressed by space ships. I am not impressed by hydrogen bombs. I am not impressed by nano-technology. I am not impressed by string theory and the theory of the origin of black holes. I am not impressed by electron microscopes. I am not impressed by preventive medicin. I am not impressed by the doctrine of the human anatomy and the study of biomechanics. I am not impressed by psycho analysis and the study of psychology. I am not impressed by New York, Tokyo or London. I am not impressed by refrigeration. I am not impressed by television or computers. I am not impressed by the doctrine of quantum physics and the theory of relativity. I am not impressed by money or luxury. I am not impressed by the power to subdue nature or other humans. I am not impressed by tanks, fighterjets and cruise missiles. I am not impressed by a soft bed and luxurious food.

Neither is my cat.

All you described is the truth, give it up, and that will be the truth, stick you head in the sand and that will be the truth, get rich and buy all you can, and that will be truth. Open your eyes, whatever is there is truth.

Exsto Human

Nobody can impress you but yourself. The shallow advice is to deepen up, to find the Wizard and ask him for a soul.

But when humanity ceased to impress me I tried changing contexts. Life, the Universe, Everything--now that is impressive. "Group stupidity" among humans, unfortunately, is impressive. The amount of energy humans appear to waste on seemingly useless endeavors is very impressive.

http://www.drizzle.com/~slmndr/uncle_al/lies/45.html

Sack the commentary at that address, and just read the "lie." Remember the lie. It will serve you impressively over time.

exsto_human said:
I am not impressed by blah blah blah....
I find your unimpressive lists impressive! However, it's still not impressive enough to interest me to impress you. :D

exsto_human said:

And I am ready to give it all up for the sake of turth.

Isn't this supposed to be a riddle? I'd guess you're a stamp, but I don't know why a stamp would have interest in truth - being all inanimate and such.

Then I thought "god"? Are you trying in a cheesy manner to get someone to call you god?

Then I thought "man I suck at riddles".

Well, we are in religion... so, I would have to say... a theist?

Using god to explain things... god is the only impressive thing... things like that...

Or any inanimate object, as has already been stated.

Or an extremely advanced culture.

I don't know about the turth, but spell check is certainly out there.

Josh

PS - My cat is plotting your destruction.

====================
"It's just a ride." - Bill Hicks
====================

For many it is a riddle.

But there are as many answeres to my question as there are people in the world.

Everyone seems to have a firm set of beliefs that they supposedly live by. Yet everyone lives the same mundane, pointless and materialistic life. The nature of their belief is impertinent, each is just as riddiculous, each is just as meanigless.

The truth of the matter is that no one forms their life to correspond to their belief, no, we simply choose a belief that justifys our current life, thoughts and actions.

To this effect we continue living the same way and repeating the same thoughts and actions over and over again untill we die without ever having found out why.

For most the complete insignificance of the petty creations of man is an unfathomable concept. Because it is our reality, the mechanical mundanity is a mirror of ourself. Our world is us, what we experience is ourselves. And if the fruit of our reality are but suffering and base pleasures I am truley not impressed.

exsto_human said:
For many it is a riddle.

But there are as many answeres to my question as there are people in the world.

Everyone seems to have a firm set of beliefs that they supposedly live by. Yet everyone lives the same mundane, pointless and materialistic life. The nature of their belief is impertinent, each is just as riddiculous, each is just as meanigless.

The truth of the matter is that no one forms their life to correspond to their belief, no, we simply choose a belief that justifys our current life, thoughts and actions.

To this effect we continue living the same way and repeating the same thoughts and actions over and over again untill we die without ever having found out why.

For most the complete insignificance of the petty creations of man is an unfathomable concept. Because it is our reality, the mechanical mundanity is a mirror of ourself. Our world is us, what we experience is ourselves. And if the fruit of our reality are but suffering and base pleasures I am truley not impressed.
----------
M*W: The turth is, we are the one spirit of god on Earth. That is the turth.

Back