Humans..Water babies??

Blindman

Valued Senior Member
I have heard that there are theories that modern humans evolved close to water. Evidence for this was presented as.

We are the only primate to have webbed feet and hands.

The hair on our bodies grows in the direction that water flows as we swim.

Our noses are shape in such a way as to allow us to dive into water.

Yet finding information about this is proving difficult.

To me it makes good sense. In a land that was ravished by drought humans living next to the ocean have a food source that is not directly effected by drought and would let them thrive.

Does anyone know about this??? are there any other adaptations we have that benefit us in water??

What about the fact that I enjoy being in the water? That leads me to believe my species has evolved to be an atleast semi-aquatic animal.
Because it just isn't normal for land animals to enjoy being in water, in fact they usually hate it.
There are many indicators in favour of the aquatic ape theory. I think our ancestors probably only developed our larger brains by taking to the water but no one really agrees with me on that on account of how I have no proof whatsoever.
But using other watergoing mammals as an example I see a trend, they all seem to be more intelligent than their land loving relatives. Something to think about.

Back