Humans Generating Electricity?

Reasonable_Doubt

Registered Member
It is a known fact that electric eels, electric fish, electric rays, and electric catfish can produce electricity....so why couldn't humans be genetically engineered to do the same? Not only would this ability useful for stunning people, but for navigation, object detecting, and hopefully communication.

:confused:

erm well you see if we genticly make humand batterys don't you think that it would be cruel on how many people they test it on and it goes wrong?

Hey since thousands of species have wings, why dont we genetically engineer humans to have wings? It would be a lot cooler and more useful than generating electricity. Or why not have gills to breathe in water or eagle's eyes to see further.

Small genetical modifications are already difficult, I don't think we can "make" humans with extra organs. And let's not forget bio-ethics and all the problem caused by testing.

We already produce electricity for use in the brain some research suggests perhaps it would be more appropriate to explore the idea of chemically produced electricity without killing anyone!

If you learn how to use the dark side of the force, you can make it come out of your fingertips and try to kill renegade Jedi.

But what would the benefits of stunning people be? The way I see it, we do have the ability to produce electricity, its called our brain and we use it to engineer tazers, lightbulbs, and other things.

Why don't we genetically engineer (some) humans to have intelligence?

If I have a donkey dong will I have to give rides at the seaside?

Not only would this ability useful for stunning people, but for navigation, object detecting, and hopefully communication.

:confused:

you lost me here.im assuming you are 12.

buy a taser
buy a map
object detecting? a metal detector perhaps.
what kind of communication,telepathy?

i really dont see how any of these could be of benifit to humans in general to the extent where it is worth genetically engineering towards them.

I would rather see us make ass-kicking prostheses, so if you get your arm blown off in Iraq they can just hook you up with a rocket-launching arm or something.

Let's call the Pres. about this immediately! (I'm sure he'll get a giant, Texas boner)

Back