Human RFID Implants

Status
Not open for further replies.

aristootle

Pragmatician, InfinityPhobic
Registered Senior Member
http://amal.net/rfid.html

This site by Amal describes his 2 RFID implants, how he got them, etc. He is a voluntary Borg.

He programs the implants to logon to his computer, to unlock his car, among other things.

The part i find most amazing is that he installed the implants in his hands, then proceeded to program them. So, these implants can easily change function over time.

I envision an IPod attachment to quickly reprogram implants.

Since the implants are reprogrammable, how long will it be until somebody starts loading a virus in this guys hands?

Not quite the same thing. Compulsory will mean that big brother really is watching you, hard to do without as as electricity means that you can still slip through the net.

My worry is having RFID implants, then having criminals reprogram them, like adding viruses to their programming.

All of us having implants is inevitable, resistance is futile. The problem that we need to start working on RIGHT NOW is prevention of subversive reprogramming.

Of course - security in RFIDs is a big issue. not only for human implants, but also for all their other applications. My passport has an embedded RFID, for example... passport hacking is big business, so I'm sure that there are people working both to secure and to hack RFIDs already.

Life has an end. Biological machine dies and so does electromechanical machine dies. Everything dies, death always catches up.

I think you've mistaken this for a philosophy thread?

yeah I did. philosophy applies everywhere thou. But this thread doesnt have a question...the thread is just discussing this RFID chip.

They will have to kill me to put an RFID chip in me, and what good would a chip in a corpse be?

Saucer:

How can you be so sure that implanting an RFID chip in you would be bad. For instance, when you get a heart transplant in 40 years, the heart may come with RFID implants for monitoring purposes.

Also, wouldn't it be great if every single person had an RFID implant that could be used by the government to track us. Great advantages. For instance, if a murder occurs, you could prove your whereabouts to not be at the scene. I think the accuracy in tracking people would be large.

Accuracy in tracking people would depend upon your monitoring equipment. For example, one of the methods that will be used to sell Implanted chips to people will be to point out that if there is a fire in a building, it can be found out quickly how many people are in there and who they are. This could however just as easily be used by the police to track someone. Or by marketers intent on selling you something to make sure they can catch you with the right adverts at the right time. Or a hacker would know where you are so that someone could burgle your house when you are out.

Basically it has its good and bad sides.

Plus, being tooled up with rfid and electrical stuff means that you have to be really careful near strong EMF.

Aristootle:
Also, wouldn't it be great if every single person had an RFID implant that could be used by the government to track us. Great advantages. For instance, if a murder occurs, you could prove your whereabouts to not be at the scene. I think the accuracy in tracking people would be large.

While I do think it would have GREAT pros, I also place the bet that this would have INSANE cons. I don't trust ANYONE with this kind of information, hackers could screw your life over now, rather than just mess it up a little. Lets pretend I'm a rich criminal, and I don't like you, so now I higher a cheap hacker to mess up your account, if I really don't like you I find your GPS location and send a sniper on to you. Im just saying, there is too much power in this tracking/chip technology.

Last edited:
manmadeflyingsaucer said:
Aristootle:

While I do think it would have GREAT pros, I also place the bet that this would have INSANE cons. I don't trust ANYONE with this kind of information, hackers could screw your life over now, rather than just mess it up a little. Lets pretend I'm a rich criminal, and I don't like you, so now I higher a cheap hacker to mess up your account, if I really don't like you I find your GPS location and send a sniper on to you. Im just saying, there is too much power in this tracking/chip technology.
One can already do that with mobile phones. Did you hear of the time Russian forces tracked down the exact location of a key Chechnyan rebel leader, then airstriked him?

Does anyone know how a microchip implant in the body, possibly of micromillimeter size be located?
Any suggestions or links that could help?

RFID will be a problem since it's dealing with Radio frequency signals, any forms of reception equipment is obviously going to take the more powerful signal before even subjecting to redicle any lower signals (and thats if they have been programmed to look for weak signals).

This means that a person could have an imbedded RFID, but have a small RF "Cloning" emitter the size of a keyring, as long as they had it near their RFID location and it emitted at a higher signal strength the clone one would be read as apposed to the embedded one.

quest said:
Does anyone know how a microchip implant in the body, possibly of micromillimeter size be located?
Any suggestions or links that could help?

My cats and dogs are all 'chipped'. For about £15 they get implanted with an RFID tag, usually at the back of the neck, and then they are added to a database with our address on. If they get picked up by the Police as strays, they get checked with a scanner, and we get them back.

I'd google 'pet chipping' for info.

The ones used currently aren't micro-millimetre, but about the size of a grain of rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back