Hey, Jordan ...

How come you started this thread but haven't included
your DOB in you 'Profile'?

Curious.

Take care ;)

Never saw the demographic thing.

I guess this is useless.

Keep it moving, nothing to see here :bugeye:

Yes but that poll didn't have any useful options.

For example, I am old enough.

Cris

My age doesn't affect the way I feel. As old as I feel, old enough though.;)

42 to be exact, in human years...:p

Right now I'm 23 years, 314 days, 11 Hours, 38 minutes 27 seconds. Approximately.

As I've said in James R poll, I'm immortal highlander (McLeod Clan) bitten by a vampire. :D :D.

Hint: Well... if you're really want to know, you can find out in my web. ;)

Banshee,

My age doesn't affect the way I feel. As old as I feel, old enough though.
Ahh 42, the age of invulnerability. I enjoyed that age. I had my mid-life crisis at 40 that resulted in divorce, and my new life started after that. But my +7 years makes a massive difference. At around 46 three very noticeable effects kicked in, as if a light switch had been turned off. Eyesight deteriorated very noticeably, ability to remember became much worse, and metabolism slowed resulting in weight gain. And at 49 doctors seem to want to stick various probes into my various orifices to check for cancer etc.

All of these incidents have the impact of making me very aware that I am aging. One either learns to deal with it and makes an effort to enjoy life more, or become depressed and sink into pessimism and misery.

Cris

Cris...

:) No pessimism and misery here. :) Just started a new life. Moved to another country and had some problems to deal with.

As for cancer, I already dealt with that. At the age of 38, I had breast-cancer. The tumor was taken out and I've had 7 weeks of intensive chemo-therapy, every day. Now I still have painkillers, because the 'good' surgeon didn't do his job right. He didn't cut all the nerves down and so I remain with nerve pain.

In the Netherlands it is not possible to take a doctor to court for his mistakes, it wouldn't have helped anyway.

My eye-sight is still good, as long as I don't drive a car. That is told to me when I was 26. After that I've never been checked on my eye-sight again. I don't have a drivers license and I don't have a car. I am a biker, on a bicycle. And a walker, my own two legs. If I hear you talk, I fear for the years to come. ;)

Have a good life Cris, be happy, you deserve it...

And stay away from doctors... :)

I've come to the conclusion that I have the best eyesight possible for a human without any surgery or that type of stuff. I really enjoy being able to read things from very far off and hope that old-er age doesn't decrease the ability too quickly.

I'm 18

I have quite a bad eyesight:( many say tht tht is because I spend so much time by my pc, but it began to get worse in some 6th class already and I'm still not wearing any glasses because I don't look good in them.
I also very don't like any doctors and haven't been to a doctor for years. I even didn't go to obligatary health check after the 9th class. I have no medical background at school and hope tht the school nurse won't find tht out, if she finds, I'm not going to any checks anyway, want to see her make me do it:):D
As for other things besde eyesight my health is really good and if some signs of cold or fewer are noticed I immediately take black bread (it's not the gray bread like in US, E. Europeans should now it) with tons of garlic on them.
anyway, Bye!

Okay, I will play. 40...going on 18. I guess I'm pretty old in dog years, but I often feel like a pup.

Jordan ...

I'm a sixty-eight year old (sixty-nine in a few weeks) impresario who has
a thing for child prodigies ... Would you like to come and play for me?

I'll even put my dentures in.

Take care ;)

When I become so rich that I wipe my ass with hundred dollar bills (from the book I'm writing, an exerpt is now my signature on sciforums) in a few years I plan to have some sort of surgery that'll let me read a normal print book from a football field away. Ahh, that'll be nice...

Here in America we aren't really afraid of doctors, here they don't steal your organs and sell them to black market dealers or they don't knock you out and then forget about you while they go have sex with various vanerial-disease infected prostitutes, like Latvia, for instance. So there's no reason for you to be afraid of doctors.

Hahah just being sarcastic, I'm kidding really....

Back