How does the growth hormone work?

Vic the Trader

straight chillin
Registered Senior Member
Is it the only hormone in the body responsible for growth?

Is it possible to inhibit vertical growth (height) in young people by doing something that would affect this hormone?

I suppose I should bring up the bigger picture.

I can figure out how the growth hormone functions in the endocrine system, and I can probably figure out what plays a large role in growth, the growth hormones or androgen.....

But I am basically looking for a way to inhibit growth through the onslaught of puberty.

So far the best plan I can come up with is eat enough to function daily, but not enough for your hormones and such to function correctly.

It seems the only way to reach success in body modification is through biology.

lol at the midget comment.

I would just like to stay where I am right now and not grow further, if there is a possibility that I might. I'm about 5'9 without shoes on.

I could benefit by being smaller, maybe about 5'7, but nothing I can really do. A smaller stature allows for a lower center of gravity. It's a key factor in gymnastics and what have you.

Not to mention, indeed, in the acting career height upon height can be added.....but it can't be taken away. A small person can play a large character, a large person can't play a small character.

im assuming you never want kids or to have sex?:p

Because human growth hormone (HGH) does ALOT more than just imhibit height. Its nessary to musscular development, triggering sexual development ect ect

Back