How does a born again Christian unborn himself?

Joeman

Eviiiiiiiil Clown
Registered Senior Member
I was a born against Christian in 1991, by accepting Jesus as a lord and savior and got baptized. How exactly do I unborn myself?

If I ever change my mind again, can I be born again for the second time?

You must blaspheme against the eternal Spirit of Holiness.

This is a most impossible thing to do, but in the case that you are so demonically inspired that you even know how to do this..

.. and to my detriment I do know how to do this. :(

if you were born again twice, then you would be what? a born again born again? I wonder how many times you can be born again... maybe its a three strikes thing. "Three strikes and your jewish!"

To describe someone as a born-again Christian is, technically speaking, to be guilty of redundancy. There is no such thing as a non-born-again Christian. An unregenerate (non-born-again) Christian is a contradiction in terms. Likewise, a born-again non-Christian is a contradictiopn.

Regeneration is the theological term used to describe rebirth. It refers to a new generating, a new genesis, a new beginning. It is more than "turning over a new leaf"; it marks the beginning of a new life in a radically renewed person.

---

R. C. Sproul's 'Essential Truths of the Christian Faith'

---------

31And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

ddovala said:
if you were born again twice, then you would be what? a born again born again? I wonder how many times you can be born again... maybe its a three strikes thing. "Three strikes and your jewish!"
M*W: All of creation is "born again -- first by the amniotic fluid that surrounded us in the womb -- second by the fire of wisdom -- fire meaning "light" as in enLIGHTenment. To some, this may mean the "age of reason." To others, it means the fire of the One Spirit of God that dwells in the heart of all humanity. This divine fire has unfortunately been snuffed out by Christianity.

Medicine Woman said:
M*W: All of creation is "born again -- first by the amniotic fluid that surrounded us in the womb -- second by the fire of wisdom -- fire meaning "light" as in enLIGHTenment. To some, this may mean the "age of reason." To others, it means the fire of the One Spirit of God that dwells in the heart of all humanity. This divine fire has unfortunately been snuffed out by Christianity.

This really bugs me. What exactly is "One Spirit of God"? You mentioned it at least 50 times, but never really give a good explaination that makes sense to me.

Joeman
It' nice to see christian,with an open mind.
in answer to you point,why not.
It's your choice,to believer or not,so you can bounce from one to the other,forever if you so wished.
and become an unborn christian oneday,and a born again the next.
YOUR CHOICE.

mustafhakofi said:
Joeman
It' nice to see christian,with an open mind.
in answer to you point,why not.
It's your choice,to believer or not,so you can bounce from one to the other,forever if you so wished.
and become an unborn christian oneday,and a born again the next.
YOUR CHOICE.

It's not a choice!

Haven't you heard of election of the saints?

What you are propagating is Arminianism, which again I say is a VERY dangerous thing to support these days in Christian circles...

Besides, what if he died an unbeliever before he could "change" back?

Blow your spunk on the ground? It would seem that there are a thousand means by which one may unchristianize themselves.

invert_nexus said:
Blow your spunk on the ground? It would seem that there are a thousand means by which one may unchristianize themselves.

Do you know what Arminianism is?

Considered a man of mild temperament, Arminius was forced into controversy against his own choice. He had earlier affirmed the Calvinist view of predestination, which held that those elected for salvation were chosen prior to Adam's fall, but he gradually came to have doubts. To him predestination seemed too harsha position because it did not allow human decision a role in the achieving of salvation. Hence Arminius came to assert a conditional election, according to which God elects to life those who will respond in faith to the divine offer of salvation. In so doing, he meant to place greater emphasis on God's mercy

----------

From my favorite encyclopaedia ;)

What he is saying is God can take away your salvation if you sin too much. Christians would have none of this and branded it heresy because of the doctrine of predestination.

I can define predestination for you if you want me to, but the main thing is to accept predestination as the correct doctrine and Arminianism as the false one since that will prevent you from being excommunicated. ;)

Here's a verse on predestination:
For those whom he [God] foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the first-born among many brethren. And those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified (Rom. 8:29–30).

That means if God meant for you to be a Christian, you have NO "free will" to back out of it. You are basically "stuck" willfully being God's slave. That means if he truly is a Christian, he can't possibly lose his salvation. But it's not as bad as it sounds...

P.S. There is the one DEADLY SIN which even Christ cannot forgive. If a Christian commits it, there will be no forgiveness whatsoever. Since you don't know what is, you can't commit it, I shan't tell you. For your own sake. :p

of course it's a choice dont be a fool, your whole life is made up of choices.
and please dont quote your book to me, it is just that, a book.
thank you.

I think your confusing this with pelagianism which is universally considered heresy by Christians because it defines that mankind can be saved by his own work alone. Arminianism does not seem as herectical as calvin's position but is still is wrong. Peter 2 says "For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandments handed down to them."

Also, be careful what you mean by slave. At the end John's gospel Jesus says to the apostles something like "I no longer call you slaves but my friends." Paul's use as a slave to Christ and slave to righteousness would then mean that Paul submitted to God, not God made him submit. "Be free, yet without using freedom as a pretext for evil, but as slaves of God."

Joeman

I do not know if you where really born again or not. You could have accepted Jesus without really accepting Him?. i suggest you read the following very carefully and think about it for a time.

Hebrews 6
4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

PS: i am not a calvanist :D Thank God.

Adstar said:
Joeman

I do not know if you where really born again or not. You could have accepted Jesus without really accepting Him?. i suggest you read the following very carefully and think about it for a time.

Hebrews 6
4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

PS: i am not a calvanist :D Thank God.

I don't think so mate. In the contrary, I don't think I was enlightened back then but I am more enlightened now. I have seen pious people become atheists all the time.

I used to be a devoted Christian, until I really started studying the bible. That shit is unreadable. OT is completely retarded. My knee jerk reaction was to become an atheist, and I did that for a few years. I tried not to interpret everything literally, like some of my church friends tell me to do, but still a lot of stuff don't make sense even if you don't interpret literally. I am not an atheist at this moment, but I am in neutral position.

My problem is that, I believe in God and Jesus. If I am not a Christian, I don't know what else are there for me. I still have a relationship with God, and God still answers my prayers. It's not God that I have problem with, but the religion and the bible.

My problem is that, I believe in God and Jesus. If I am not a Christian, I don't know what else are there for me. I still have a relationship with God, and God still answers my prayers. It's not God that I have problem with, but the religion and the bible.
Maybe you should be a muslim or something? Though one thing, you may have to accept god to be a christian, but you dont have to be christian to accept god, you can believe in god but not be christian, or muslim, or jew or anything, you dont have to have a religion to believe in god, a true god would not have anything to do with a fallable religion invented by man, im not sure what the term would be though why would you need a label?

Back