How do you interpret this scripture? Let's discuss.

Medicine*Woman

Jesus: Mythstory--Not History!
Valued Senior Member
M*W: Out of curiosity, especially for the christians on board, how do you interpret the following scripture?

(1) "Can you bind the beautiful Pleiades? Can you loose the cords of Orion? Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons or lead out the Bear with its cubs?" (Job 38:31-32, NIV)

(2) "Hear what the LORD says to you, O house of Israel. This is what the LORD says: "Do not learn the ways of the nations or be terrified by signs in the sky, though the nations are terrified by them. For the customs of the peoples are worthless; they cut a tree out of the forest, and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel. They adorn it with silver and gold; they fasten it with hammer and nails so it will not totter. Like a scarecrow in a melon patch, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do no harm nor can they do any good." (Jeremiah 10:1-5, NIV)

(3) "Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise [men], the astrologers, the magicians, the sooth- sayers, shew unto the king;" (Dan. 2:27)

(4) "Then came in the magicians, the astrologers, the Chaldeans, and the sooth- sayers: and I told the dream before them; but they did not make known unto me the interpretation thereof." (Dan. 4:7)

(5) "For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even the memory of them is forgotten. Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun. " (Ecclesiastes 9:5-6, NIV)

(6) "... it has been written, 'For I say to you, Until the heavens and the earth pass away, in no way shall pass away one iota or one point from the Law, until all things come to pass.' Matthew 5:18

I'm asking for some serious discussion. Anybody may contribute. Thank you.

I'm asking for some serious discussion. Anybody may contribute. Thank you

Oh give us a break. When have you ever sought to have a serious discussion with a Christian?? You are a confirmed anti-christ, but for the sake of others i will comment upon some of the scriptures you have posted.

Job 38:31: "Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades? Can you loose the chords of Orion?"

Pleiades is a cluster of stars numbering about 250. The latest scientific observations suggest that they are all bound together, moving in the same direction, according to Dr. Robert J. Trumpler from the Lick Observatory:

"Over 25,000 individual measures of the Pleiades stars are now available, and their study led to the important discovery that the whole cluster is moving in a southeasterly direction. The Pleiades stars may thus be compared to a swarm of birds, flying together to a distant goal. This leaves no doubt that the Pleiades are not a temporary or accidental agglomeration of stars, but a system in which the stars are bound together by a close kinship."

Orion is another constellation admired by the Hebrews. It is made up primarily of three main stars, which seem to make up a perfect line. However, the Astronomer Garrett P. Serviss commented on Orion:

"At the present time this band consists of an almost perfect straight line, a row of second-magnitude stars about equally spaced and of the most striking beauty. In the course of time, however, the two right-hand stars, Mintaka and Alnilam, will approach each other and form a naked-eye double; but the third, Alnitak, will drift away eastward so that the band will no longer exist."

So basically, Orion is the direct opposite of Pleiades - the stars are actually moving in completely different directions. So therefore God revealed the truth about these constellations to Job, conclusions that no human astronomer could ever observe during the times of Job that the stars of the Pleiades where and are bound together and also that the stars that form the belt of Orion are slowly unravelling and moving farther apart. truths that can only now after thousands of years be confirmed by modern observations.

"Hear what the LORD says to you, O house of Israel. This is what the LORD says: "Do not learn the ways of the nations or be terrified by signs in the sky, though the nations are terrified by them. For the customs of the peoples are worthless; they cut a tree out of the forest, and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel. They adorn it with silver and gold; they fasten it with hammer and nails so it will not totter. Like a scarecrow in a melon patch, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do no harm nor can they do any good." (Jeremiah 10:1-5, NIV)

This reveals clearly the paganism that is behind the tradition of Christmas. The Christmas tree is pagan in origin and Christmas is a product of harlotry. The catholic church instituted the tradition of Christmas it was never a teaching of the Messiah Jesus.

(5) "For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even the memory of them is forgotten. Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun. " (Ecclesiastes 9:5-6, NIV)

That’s right the dead cease to have input as to what happens in this world. They have to await the resurrection.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

PS: As for the references to Daniel i will see later why they have been mentioned. As at the present time i cannot see any problem with them.

M*W: Out of curiosity, especially for the christians on board, how do you interpret the following scripture?

(6) "... it has been written, 'For I say to you, Until the heavens and the earth pass away, in no way shall pass away one iota or one point from the Law, until all things come to pass.' Matthew 5:18

Well, this one says very clearly that according to Jesus "the Law" will remain in force "Until the heavens and the earth pass away".

Matthew 5:17-19, 17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Paul, however, disagreed with Jesus on this point in some places. He apparently thought that he was greater than his master. And apparently Paul will also be "called least in the kingdom of heaven". Because of Paul's teaching, Christians break "the least of these commandments" at will and even joyfully teach others to do so as well. Most Christians today just put this and many other passages like it on their ignore list, for convenience sake.

Regards

Last edited:
Back