How do you define a Muslim nation?

In my understanding a Muslim nation is a nation in which the majority of people is Muslim rather than any religion.

I wanted to know what Zak considered a Muslim nation. Since he said:

i imagine this is the exception LA, rather than the rule...

being a muslim i am glad i lvie in the west as i am more free to be a muslim here than in those so called muslim nations!!

I wanted to know what Zak considered a Muslim nation. Since he said:

i was just saying about some "so called" muslim nations! not muslim nations!!

there are no muslim nations on this planet in my opinion!!

but i beleive i am more free to be a muslim here then i would be say in Kuwait!! Surely if you chose to go to the Mosque and practice your religion you are more free.

I am not sure SAM, but what would happen in say Saudi Arabia if i choose not to go to the Mosque for a week, etc...

i was just saying about some "so called" muslim nations! not muslim nations!!

there are no muslim nations on this planet in my opinion!!

but i beleive i am more free to be a muslim here then i would be say in Kuwait!! Surely if you chose to go to the Mosque and practice your religion you are more free.

I am not sure SAM, but what would happen in say Saudi Arabia if i choose not to go to the Mosque for a week, etc...

Most of the people in the hospital rarely went to pray. Many Saudis are not overtly religious.

So what is a Muslim nation, according to you?

Most of the people in the hospital rarely went to pray. Many Saudis are not overtly religious.
?

eerrr not sure about hospitals i was thinking abotu normal people, yes i imagine they are just like the rest of us, but why do they need religious police or is this just some rumour that they have these nasty religious police, why should they need a religious police

So what is a Muslim nation, according to you?

Hard to put my finger on it to form a coherent paragraph...

what r yr thoughts??

eerrr not sure about hospitals i was thinking abotu normal people, yes i imagine they are just like the rest of us, but why do they need religious police or is this just some rumour that they have these nasty religious police, why should they need a religious police

They don't need the religious police, but like the CIA they are hard to get rid off

why do they torture and all that?? what do people do to make them get tortured??

Break the law. Which is of course, set up by the same people.

So.. theres no such thing as a Muslim nation? Or are you unable to define such?

No, there is no such thing as a Muslim nation, because the areas of consensus are very broad. There is no right or wrong way of doing things, there are just different ways and people decide what is best for their community.

No, there is no such thing as a Muslim nation, because the areas of consensus are very broad. There is no right or wrong way of doing things, there are just different ways and people decide what is best for their community.

Ok.

What seperates "so-called" from actual? If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and has webbed feet, is it a so-called duck?

dont they just have normal police for that???

No, the civic police are for civic laws, the religious police are for religious laws. e.g. there is a law against wearing less than full clothing, thats not a civic problem, if the civic police catch you, they'll just take you home. If the religious police catch you they'll charge you for it. [random example]

Here is an example of what Saudis think of religious policemen

Why The Religious Policeman?

Because, in my opinion, the Religious Police epitomize what is wrong with my country at present. They combine religious fanaticism and intolerance with the apparatus of a police state. They are recruited from the dregs of society, yet they presume to tell other God-fearing people how to conduct their religious lives. They killed innocent young lives in Makkah, yet they were never held to account.
http://muttawa.blogspot.com/2005/12/religious-policeman-faq.html
The blog is called mutawwa, or Arabic for religious policeman

What seperates "so-called" from actual? If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and has webbed feet, is it a so-called duck?

ok hopefully i will try and answer your question in my opinion- mind you it will probably awful but i'll try!!!

No, the civic police are for civic laws, the religious police are for religious laws. e.g. there is a law against wearing less than full clothing, thats not a civic problem, if the civic police catch you, they'll just take you home. If the religious police catch you they'll charge you for it. [random example]

Sammy my dear you are an angel a real angel................. and i owe you an apology to go throguh all thsi to trya nd expand on somehting you took me up on in the other thrread.

this is what i was trying to say in the other thread about being more Free to be a Muslim in the mighty Uk then in so called Muslim countries.. The KSA is a so called muslim nation BUT muslims are forced to be practicing muslims and do all the duties and stuff by a bunch of bullies cos if they dont they get fucked.... Surely a muslim should be free to be a muslim, like for example i am not forced to do this or that in the UK so i guess this is more free.. Do you get what i am trying to say... pls excuse my uneliquont explanation

Here is an example of what Saudis think of religious policemen

http://muttawa.blogspot.com/2005/12/religious-policeman-faq.html
The blog is called mutawwa, or Arabic for religious policeman

because surely muslims will practice islam for there love of God and humanity rather than their fear of these nasty fucked up individuals!!

a msulim state does not need a relgious police, the fact that there is a religous police hardly makes it a muslim state and is detremental to amuslim state if ever there could be one, as you elaborated on earlier!!

a msulim state does not need a relgious police, the fact that there is a religous police hardly makes it a muslim state and is detremental to amuslim state if ever there could be one, as you elaborated on earlier!!

Well Abdullah has promised to reform the legal system but you know politicians and their promises :)

Back