How do Hominid Evolution and Dinosaurs fit into creation???

Machiavelli

Registered Member
According to modern christian thought, the world was created by God some 7,318 years ago. Around this time the first humans, adam, eve, cain, abel, and seth were born.

However, consulting my human evolution timeline (based on hundreds of thousands of accounts of early hominid remains, from australopithecines to homo habilis and homo erectus) it seems that through radiocarbon dating, potassium argon dating, and sedimentary analysis, that today's modern homo sapiens have existed for at least 120,000 years, and are direct descendents of earlier hominids.

Indeed, based on my own research, I accept these findings as evidence of the evolution of humans. To me they are not a hoax, and they contradict all which the christian bible(s) are predicated on. Call me crazy, but something doesn't add up.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/species.html

Septuagint

the number 7318 comes from Septuagint, which was quoted by Christ and comes from a manuscript which apparently is 350 years older than the the Massoretic text. With this, www.bible.ca attempts to date creation around 5315 years BC. That would mean creation occured exactly 7318 years ago.

Christians don't seem to like using dates or math or anything to explain the mess of events that happened around this time. All i know is that the first life on earth probably occured about 4500 million years years ago, in the Precambrian period, starting from tiny algae and bacteria.

Re: Septuagint

Originally posted by Machiavelli
the number 7318 comes from Septuagint, ...
No, it does not. The current year in the Hebrew calendar is 5763, that figure intended to represent the number of years since the creation of Adam.

..., which was quoted by Christ ...
Pure speculation. Even if we assume the historicity of Jesus, and even is we assume that he actually said what the story-tellers attribute to him, there is absolutely no reason to assume that he quoted a Koine Greek source.

..., and comes from a manuscript which apparently is 350 years older than the the Massoretic text.
No it isn't. The Septuagint dates to the 3rd century BCE. The Massoretes arose about 500 CE.

Christians don't seem to like using dates or math or anything to explain the mess of events that happened around this time.
True for some, but your math and knowledge of events seems far from exemplary. It's often best to learn something about a subject before deigning to instruct others.

All i know is that the first life on earth probably occured about 4500 million years years ago, in the Precambrian period, starting from tiny algae and bacteria.
And how did you come to know such a thing? Can you site any fossil evidence dated earlier than the Archaean, roughly 3,800 million years ago?

I have a suggestion: take a break and read something.

Back