How close is your God to you?

Sufi

Registered Senior Member
This is a sister thread to the "How separate is your God from you?" thread.

Considering that there can be only two possibilities: either there is an infinite God, or there is a limited and finite God who is located somewhere inside or outside the universe.

If you do not believe in an separate God, consider how close is your God to you? Do you both exist at the same time occupying the same space? Or does He initiates just where you end? Or something else?

Share your thoughts considering that, If we take away this conception, then the whole structure of that religion would crumble, becasue the whole structure of many religions is based upon its conception of “God” that all other principles and injunctions of them flow.

your god is not my god. your god is a fairy tale. your god doesn't exist. your god is not my god. i am god.

nicoman said:
your god is not my god. your god is a fairy tale. your god doesn't exist. your god is not my god. i am god.

Ok nicoman, you can be god. Hey this is cool, I got a hotline to God on the net. Can you believe it! Who needs faith when you have nicoman right here on the net!
Hey nicoman - whats the divine purpose of it all then m8 - do share!

Sufi said:

Considering that there can be only two possibilities: either there is an infinite God, or there is a limited and finite God who is located somewhere inside or outside the universe.

actually theres a third posibility which makes the most sense imho;

theres no God at all. ;)

and the Universe just exists and always had.

Q25 said:
actually theres a third posibility which makes the most sense imho;

theres no God at all. ;)

and the Universe just exists and always had.

That's ok. Have you ever considered what we mean by the "universe"?

Just consider what would happen if instead of having our present view of universe, we perceived everything as though through the lenses of a very powerful electro-microscope, say with a capacity of 1000 billion times magnification?

Would we stiil be able to talk about the existence of universe as we do now? What woudl be real to us, then?

Knowing this and going a step further... What about the-what that our perception tools are not able to give us any idea of?

Well, considering that my ol' pal God never talked to me or gave me another indication of his divine existence it is quite probable that he

a)does not exists

b)does not care about me which results in

c) I do not give a fuck about him

Dreamwalker said:
Well, considering that my ol' pal God never talked to me or gave me another indication of his divine existence it is quite probable that he

a)does not exists

b)does not care about me which results in

c) I do not give a fuck about him

I think your answer to (c) is quite revealing given that it was in response to "it is quite possible that He..."

Unless you seek Him, you will never know if He exists or cares about you.

If you meet with some people down at your local bar and you know 11 of them but one of the 11 has brought a stranger, it is very unlikely that you will get to know anything about the stranger through fellowship if you immediately adopt the attitude that "you do not give a fuck about him" from the outset. Your choice m8. Bet probably best not to bitch about that stranger. You dont know what He may have been able to help you with. But then you are OK without knowing that stranger. I call it a 'loss', you say you dont care. I can live with that.

Of course my answer is quite revealing, it is meant to be...

But I can see the stranger, or perceive him otherwise, but still, I would probably do not give a fuck about the stranger.

And I cannot lose what I never possesed.

EDIT:
Considering the initial question of this thread, of I have to go and search for god in the first place, it seems that he is not very near, is he?

Dreamwalker said:
Of course my answer is quite revealing, it is meant to be...

But I can see the stranger, or perceive him otherwise, but still, I would probably do not give a fuck about the stranger.

And I cannot lose what I never possesed.

EDIT:
Considering the initial question of this thread, of I have to go and search for god in the first place, it seems that he is not very near, is he?

Sometimes He is not very near. Sometimes He goes off by Himself to be alone away from the madness of it all because it pains Him.

The stranger you see sensed that you were not willing to be His friend. He felt it was 'all wrong' given that He had been brave enough to meet with his new friend's friends in the first place.
What happens when you are the stranger in that situation Dreamwalker? Would you rather people be naturally friendly to you and accept you as part of that group or would you like them to withhold their friendship and actively exclude you from being unified with the group as a whole?

If you aint got it by now I really dont know what else to say ...

God is 'love' - sheesh

He is as far away as 'love' is far from you. The fact is that He can always be near in 'faith'. In fact you cannot please Him without faith and if you cannot please Him, you cannot be pleased. Duh! What part of "You reap exactly what you sow" dont you get???

Well, I have never loved, so conclude what you want.

Also, I am not part of a group, I am me. If people do not like that, that is their problem. If the stranger does or says something that I can accept, if through his actions he appears likeable, I will respect him.

Sufi,

No, these cannot be classified as possibilities. These are merely imaginary speculations. I do not believe you can demonstrate the conditions under which either of these can be shown to be possible.

The closest we have to a real possibility is that no such things as gods exist. For example the laws of physical appear to work very well without the daily guidance from a super intelligence, and there is no indication that the universe has not always existed. That is further supported by the fact that the laws of physics indicate that nothing can be destroyed or created just merely transformed into one form or another.

The point here is that there is no reason why a god should or need exist.

Religions continue to thrive because people are naturally curious and too many demand answers even when facts are not available, in that event imagination is considered acceptable by many resulting in the thousands of religions we now see.

Dreamwalker said:
Well, I have never loved, so conclude what you want.

Also, I am not part of a group, I am me. If people do not like that, that is their problem. If the stranger does or says something that I can accept, if through his actions he appears likeable, I will respect him.

Perhaps this is why you are alone then? An island all by yourself. You are not taking into account that the stranger may not be able to be themselves around you because they sense you watching them, scrutinising them to see if they are trustworthy. They already feel as an island, the only thing connecting them to everybody else is the invitiation to be there. They are kind of hoping that they will be accepted even in their quietness. They are afraid to speak out because they see the strong bond everyone else has already. They are hoping that people will be 'generous' towards them. Would you not try to draw the stranger out of himself because this is what is required?

Why do you suppose I am alone? I never isolated myself, only the weak do that. And I do not care about weak people.

Dreamwalker said:
Why do you suppose I am alone? I never isolated myself, only the weak do that. And I do not care about weak people.

Dreamwalker - This would be a fitting comment for you to post in "About The Members"

Oh, of course it does, but I think most members know my opinios on human life and society already, so there would be no need for that.

Back