Hormonal Cycles on Men: question

kazbadan

Registered Senior Member
Women have hormonal cycles every 28 days.
My question is: do men have any horminal cycles, even subtle ones?

Yes. Men do have a hormonal cycle, as in the production of sperm, but this cycle is indicernible as it is an ongoing process. Sperm is being produced continuously whether it is ejaculated or not. It takes about 74 days for sperm to mature and become viable but meanwhile the testes already contain viable sperm, which is readily available for ejaculation. If the mature sperm is not ejaculated it simply dies and is re-absorbed back into the body but always there is mature sperm waiting in a queue.

Do you feel that it does? Do you feel as if you go through emotional ups and downs in a way that could be attributed to hormones?

And, quoted directly from tablariddim's post:
but this cycle is indicernible as it is an ongoing process.

Yes. Men do have a hormonal cycle, as in the production of sperm, but this cycle is indicernible as it is an ongoing process. Sperm is being produced continuously whether it is ejaculated or not. It takes about 74 days for sperm to mature and become viable but meanwhile the testes already contain viable sperm, which is readily available for ejaculation. If the mature sperm is not ejaculated it simply dies and is re-absorbed back into the body but always there is mature sperm waiting in a queue.

Sorry, but how sperm's cycle is hormonal cycle?

now that you talk about that....

and Idle Mind, i dont feel like that lol, but i was asking just for curiosity....last day i found blood on my pants...

-_-

forget, it was a stupid joke :D

The male hormone testosterone is produced continuously but the hormone level is slightly higher in the morning than in the afternoon (so-called circadian cycle).

Back