Holy Highway, Batman!

spidergoat

pubic diorama
Valued Senior Member
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/19/btsc.tuchman.roadsideprayer/index.html

DALLAS, Texas (CNN) -- If you turn to the Bible -- Isaiah Chapter 35, Verse 8 -- you will see a passage that in part says, "A highway shall be there, and a road, and it shall be called the Highway of Holiness."

Churchgoers in six states have held prayer sessions along the side of Interstate 35.

Now, is it possible that this "highway" mentioned in Chapter 35 is actually Interstate 35 that runs through six U.S. states, from southern Texas to northern Minnesota? Some Christians have faith that is indeed the case.

It was with that interesting belief in mind that we decided to head to Texas, the southernmost state in the I-35 corridor, to do a story about a prayer campaign called "Light the Highway."

Churchgoers in all six states recently finished 35 days of praying alongside Interstate 35, but the prayers are still continuing.
-----------------

It's the 21st freaking century. Seriously, what is wrong with these people?

...Churchgoers in all six states recently finished 35 days of praying alongside Interstate 35, but the prayers are still continuing....

And I thought I didn't have a life. :rolleyes:
Nobody got run over huh? Apparently us atheists standing along route 666 weren't praying hard enough.

I take I-35 everyday to work....I wonder if they could pray for less traffic?

I wonder if those stuck in traffic on Interstate 35 and get into road rage would try to use 'religious experience' as a defense.:)

Back