Holy grail

Asguard

Kiss my dark side
Valued Senior Member
I just finished reading the da vinci code and was left asking "was the search for the holy grail REALLY the search for christs wife?" the book was very specific that christ was married but as its fiction i just dont know

Well, you read the book did'nt you?
And as you said, it's just fiction, so the search for the holy grail was whatever it was in the book.
As for the "real" search for the holy grail..it has had many theories from the Knights Templar to an apocalyptic doomsday device, all which are as much bullshit as the grail itself.
Enough people tell tales about the magic that vibrates from the last chair that chirst sat on, and it becomes a legendary object worth finding.

Perkele:

yes the STORY in the book is fiction but the prolog in the front of the book is fact, at least fact from his point of view. he has resurched it before he started the book

read the start "all descriptions of artwork, architecture, documents and secret rituals in this novel are accurate"

Accurate as in theories.
The documents mentioned are just that, things that may have been, you think the bible has not stirred shit up in it's existence? Still some people take it to be true from word to word, others think Jesus existed.. eventhough as a mere mortal philosopher.

You find a scroll, an interresting writing of a sort, which is surrounded by the world's largest religion, and you have enough to write 50 book's in which you can state "all descriptions of artwork, architecture, documents and secret rituals in this novel are accurate". As long as you follow the guidelines, and dont go spewing off shit that does not appear in the original text, however flawed it might be, you're home free.

Therefor that dramatic "all descriptions of artwork, architecture, documents and secret rituals in this novel are accurate" line can be said with a clear consciousness.

Asguard: I just finished reading the da vinci code and was left asking "was the search for the holy grail REALLY the search for christs wife?" the book was very specific that christ was married but as its fiction i just dont know
M*W: No, the search for the holy grail was more than just a search for Jesus's wife (Mary Magdalen). The holy grail was not a cup or chalice but the womb of MM who birthed Jesus's children. Those children married into the royal families of Gaul, hence the name of Mer-o-vin-gians (the vine of Mary) from whence the first French kings evolved. "Mer" also means "sea." It's a very interesting story in ancient history, but the Da Vinci Code is a novel, and there are plenty other books that are well-researched that are not novels. Laurence Gardner is my favorite writer on this subject. For more information, check-out www.Rennes-le-Chateau.com

Back