HIV vaccine trials

Wow! Amazing how news this big could go unnoticed by the media. Let's wish them great success and say a prayer if you're so inclined.

Thank-you for the post.

Yes! and cbc.ca was the article linked in the OP.

I read the paper daily, and had not seen this, nor have I seen it on the evening news.

Perhaps it is the quality of newspaper I subscribe to, but feel this should have front page headlines.

Maybe in some cities it did make front page headlines, but I'm only 100 miles from UWO so it should be even bigger news here.

I guess I am shocked to be learning of a breakthrough (possible) of this magnitude on Sciforums without seeing it in our local media.

Yes! and cbc.ca was the article linked in the OP.

I read the paper daily, and had not seen this, nor have I seen it on the evening news.

Perhaps it is the quality of newspaper I subscribe to, but feel this should have front page headlines.

Maybe in some cities it did make front page headlines, but I'm only 100 miles from UWO so it should be even bigger news here.

I guess I am shocked to be learning of a breakthrough (possible) of this magnitude on Sciforums without seeing it in our local media.

Well maybe because it's not yet a break through.

Nor is it the first AIDS Vaccine as they have tried out quite a few already, and all were promising, but the problem with AIDs Vaccines is we really don't know if they work until we do the human trials, so at this point its way to soon to be celebrating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV_vaccine

Back