Hitchin a ride.!!!

cluelusshusbund

+ Public Dilemma +
Valued Senior Member
When i was about 12 i discovered the art of hitchin a ride an it was wonderful... an it lasted about 2 days befor my parents found out an forbad me to do it anymore.!!!

Shoud parents forbid ther children to do certain thangs... such as hitchhikin... not walkn alone after dark... not gettin in strangers cars even if they offer candy or want to show you ther puppy etc... etc... (fill in the blank) or is that sendin the child a wrong message.???

When i was about 12 i discovered the art of hitchin a ride an it was wonderful... an it lasted about 2 days befor my parents found out an forbad me to do it anymore.!!!

Shoud parents forbid ther children to do certain thangs... such as hitchhikin... not walkn alone after dark... not gettin in strangers cars even if they offer candy or want to show you ther puppy etc... etc... (fill in the blank) or is that sendin the child a wrong message.???

Yes. Because we teach our children about stranger danger. We should also teach our children that if anyone, stranger or people known to them, touches them inappropriately, asks them to do something they are not comfortable with, then they should tell someone.

Why?

Because they are children.

I get what you are trying to do here cluelusshusbund. Yes, you are that transparent.

And it's not a good look.. even for you.

In you'r mind... nuthin gets by you... Bells... lol.!!!

Anyhow... even when i was hitchhickin i knew it wasnt a good idea so i actualy minded them an didnt hitchhike no more.!!!

But the prollem is... that warnin stuck wit me... an even after i turned 18 i still felt that hitchickin wasnt a good idea... even tho i know that its safer to ride wit a stranger than someone i know.!!!

Concluson:::

Parents shoud be careful about not putin unnecesary fear of thangs into ther child.!!!

In you'r mind... nuthin gets by you... Bells... lol.!!!

Anyhow... even when i was hitchhickin i knew it wasnt a good idea so i actualy minded them an didnt hitchhike no more.!!!

But the prollem is... that warnin stuck wit me... an even after i turned 18 i still felt that hitchickin wasnt a good idea... even tho i know that its safer to ride wit a stranger than someone i know.!!!

Concluson:::

Parents shoud be careful about not putin unnecesary fear of thangs into ther child.!!!

So, let's see. Your parents taught you about stranger danger when you were a child and it stuck with you. Do they still remind you of it now? Or do they figure that you know and understand it and they realise that they don't need to keep reminding you, because, you know, those are good points that need to be repeated?

There is also the issue of you comparing a child to a woman. But then, I guess you didn't quite get that, did you? Did that part escape you?

Because the whole point of this thread, and your trolling in regards to the rape thread, is that you have just spent quite a bit of time comparing women to children. Do you think women are children? Or do you think that women don't already know this?

Also, the statistics are there. I mean I get it, you're one of those guys who thinks speaking to and treating women as though they are 12 years of age is a good thing. It's not. But the statistics are clear when it comes to sexual assaults. You are statistically safer with a stranger, than you are with a non-stranger. In other words, little Timmy is more likely to be raped by his uncle Frank, than a complete stranger. Does this mean that children should hitch rides with strangers? Clearly not. No one has made such an argument. Well, you could only make such an argument if your head was shoved up your anal cavity. Is it dark in there, by the way?

What it does mean is that at no time should children be told only about stranger danger. At no time should children be told that the only danger they face is from strangers. Why? Because children are more likely to be sexually abused and molested by someone they know than a complete stranger.

What we should be teaching our children is that if anyone touches them, then they need to tell, no matter what and that it is never their fault if they are touched inappropriately.

So, when discussing the statistics, no one was saying that they should be hitching rides with strangers or doing things that are clearly dangerous, because it is statistically safer. Do you understand this? Or do you want to start another thread to discuss it further? The discussions surrounding the statistics is to point out how ridiculous it is to talk to women and about women as though they are 12 years of age and why rape prevention advocates always keep falling into that same hole with this very argument. I get it, you wish to remain relevant. How about you remain relevant by not trolling? Do you think that sounds like a plan?

But keep digging. Let me know when you've found the exit tunnel.

:) I think clueless is again illustrating the implicit contrast between absolute lifetime risk/odds ratio and relative risk. I don't know that this is the subforum for it, of course.

Back