History of

jigarD

Registered Member
Hi Everyone. Allow me to introduce myself, my Name is Jigar. I've been lurking these forums for quite some time, while I may not have much to say,I like to see the insights of what people think and do about everyday life. A simple question that I have to start with:

Does anyone have any insights, opinions, knowledge about the history of a supreme being?

Jigar D.

which one of the hundreds of supreme beings are you refering to.
there is a history of man fantasizing a supreme being, but no real history of one.
oh and welcome.

I tried a search, only to find the debates of the existance of such a being and its so called defination by members here. I was referring to The "Ultimate Numinous," only to compare the credibilty of my knowledge to which it might compare to past eruditional studies in humanity, and its comformity with Christianty. Would anyone have any consistant data of what it has done in its existance and also of its personality?

I think- jus a lil' bit
Jigar

Well the only history we have of a supreme being would be what people of today consider to be "myths" by the ancient civilizations. Then one would have to read all religious texts to see how everything continued, names changed, and all that. Sumerian and Hindu texts are currently the oldest writings we have so you should start there and progressively work your way up in order of oldest to newest religion. Or since you mentioned Christianity and how you want to test your knowledge, you can start with Christianity and work your way back if you want. If wanting to do that, I'd compare it to Judaism and then to Zoroastrianism, then New Babylonian, then Egyptian, then Old Babylonian, then Sumerian. As for further East religion, it's a bit different in style, but Zoroastrianism is a tad similar to Hinduism in a way, but the rest is totally different as it's more of a philosophical way of life than religious.

- N

"Natural selection designed the agency-detector system to deal rapidly and economically with stimulus situations involving people and animals as predators, protectors, and prey...This resulted in the system's being trip-wired to respond to fragmentary information under conditions of uncertainty, inciting perception of figures in the clouds, voices in the wind, lurking movements in the leaves. This hair-triggering of the agency-detection mechanism readily lends itself to supernatural interpretation of uncertain or anxiety provoking events.

People interactively manipulate this universal cognitive susceptibility so as to scare or soothe themselves and others for varied ends. They do so consciously or unconsciously and in causally complex and distributed ways, in pursuit of war or love, to thwart calamity or renew serendipity, or to otherwise control or incite imagination. The result provides a united and ordered sense for cosmic, cultural, and personal existence."

(Scott Atran, In Gods We Trust)

What about that?

Last edited:
Hmm, So it is my brain, or just yours and whomever, that caused the trip-wired system to be triggered by some fragmentary conditions of uncertainty, perceptions and voices that lurk resulting in a simply complex phe·nom·e·na, or to just the opposite which would be nothing?

TheSayer said:
"Our brains, it seems, are wired to spot lurkers (and to seek protectors) almost anywhere...This resulted in the system's being trip-wired to respond to fragmentary information under conditions of uncertainty, inciting perception of figures in the clouds, voices in the wind, lurking movements in the leaves. This hair-triggering of the agency-detection mechanism readily lends itself to supernatural interpretation of uncertain or anxiety provoking events.

People interactively manipulate this universal cognitive susceptibility so as to scare or soothe themselves and others for varied ends. They do so consciously or unconsciously and in causally complex and distributed ways, in pursuit of war or love, to thwart calamity or renew serendipity, or to otherwise control or incite imagination. The result provides a united and ordered sense for cosmic, cultural, and personal existence."

pavlosmarcos said:
which one of the hundreds of supreme beings are you refering to.
there is a history of man fantasizing a supreme being, but no real history of one.
oh and welcome.

Not quite sure about how to lay this out. I am sure someone from here may have had some form of celestial embodiment by the ininite gods phrophting humans as to exchage for infomartion, using human tools to advance their secondary mesages. I can get into some details of occurannces, but may if your interested, ill get firewire and share some knowledge that assimilates to what is seeen in televisin and other sources. But thats all coincidental sci-fi tv.

l8r)
looking for puppets

"Does anyone have any insights, opinions, knowledge about the history of a supreme being?"

I am She.

TheSayer said:
"Natural selection designed the agency-detector system to deal rapidly and economically with stimulus situations involving people and animals as predators, protectors, and prey...This resulted in the system's being trip-wired to respond to fragmentary information under conditions of uncertainty, inciting perception of figures in the clouds, voices in the wind, lurking movements in the leaves. This hair-triggering of the agency-detection mechanism readily lends itself to supernatural interpretation of uncertain or anxiety provoking events.

What about that?

Back