Historical evidence

The bible says that the Jordan river joins the Sea of Galilee and the Dead Sea. This is verifiable.

The bible says that people used donkeys as beasts of burden. They did.

- There were 2 original humans... Just something to think about...
- There was slavery of Jews in Egypt...
- The opposition of Zealot Jews versus the Roman Empire is eminent in the Maccabees... There were peaceful (like the Essenes) and non-peaceful (Zealots) opponents to Rome.
- There was a dude named Jesus who started a peaceful and compassionate movement that eventually turned into a fascist dogma.
- Pontius Pilate was the Rome ruler after Cesar in the time of Jesus.

Just from the top of my head though

I wanna know about Moses leading the slaves out and pharoh loosing his army in the Red Sea.
Seems like someone would have written about that. Is there any Egyptian evidence?

I wanna know about Moses leading the slaves out and pharoh loosing his army in the Red Sea.
Seems like someone would have written about that. Is there any Egyptian evidence?

It was a mythical story.
There appears to be no evidence whatsoever that Moses lead the ancient jews out of Egypt to the "promised land".
I believe it was created to give the impression of a very grandiose history of oppression and their struggle against it.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/...&subContrassID=14&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y

Last edited:

http://hotcupofjoe.blogspot.com/2007/04/archaeology-of-exodus.html

There is no mention of "Exodus" by the Egyptians. There was, however, detailed descriptions of Canaanites who ruled Lower Egypt (the Delta region) until Avaris was sacked & they were run out by the Egyptians. These Canaanites were called the Hyksos.

But we are to believe that 600,000 people "escaped" slavery in Egypt and went completely unnoticed in the Levant, leaving no trace of their existence. Archaeologists can track small bands of pastoralist nomads across deserts, people that existed around 7,000 BCE, but they can't find 600,000 people (the most conservative estimate -others put the figure over a million)? Not a single Egyptian outpost in Canaan (an Egyptian controlled territory) reported their passing (they reported the most mundane things)? Did 600,000+ Jewish men, women and children tip-toe past Egyptians for 40 years?

The story is a myth. It may have some core truth to it in the Hyksos expulsion that eventually evolved into a different story to fit different needs to show a different -favorable- outcome. But the story, as it is in biblical mythology is just that: a myth.

Yes thanks Skin Walker, can you tell me of events in the bible that are backed up with secondary evidence?

Back