hey guys let me know what you think =)

looks good

looking forward to learning some new stuff re: NK cells. I have a bit of knowledge of T cells (CD4 and 8) in relation to MHC (class I and II) variation on which I worked. good luck!

I couldn't find micrographs, and you might want to rethink the white on black text, my eyeballs were dancing a bit.

I didnt think it was that bad. ;)

I'll get tp the micrographs later. I do not have time this evening, too much homework.

I'm sorry, what was the article about? I was mesmorised by the photo on the left :drool:.
:D

Good introduction - the black on tan text works well. I look foreward to the micrographs and futher informaiton!

patent problems

Just a little warning from my own experience. If you ever happen to come across something that could be patented (certainly anything cancer related falls into that category) that you publish online, you'll have problems getting the patent application approved. They will consider it already published (even if only 5 people look at it). This also applies to posters and abstracts that you present at meetings. I think they give you 6 months from first publication to patent application.

Good luck with the research!

Say you discover something that cures cancer. Hypothetically, a big drug company would pay millions of dollars to use the technology. If you have a patent on it, they have to pay you the money because you "own" the rights to use your cure. If you've already posted something on a web site that describes what you've found, the drug company doesn't have to pay you anything because you've already released the information to the public. I will admit I'm not a patent attorney, so I may not have all the facts straight. Things work differently in different countries too.

Also, I believe strongly that scientists should share information whenever possible. I just want you to be aware that, in a few cases, keeping the information private is in your best interests.

Originally posted by copper
Say you discover something that cures cancer. Hypothetically, a big drug company would pay millions of dollars to use the technology. If you have a patent on it, they have to pay you the money because you "own" the rights to use your cure.

Not really, I had the opportunity over the years to talk to a big biotech patent attorney in Boston. Essentially, 1) Your university and professor own everything you do, period. (read your handbook.) 2) You must defend the patent yourself, the government will not lift a finger. Big biotech companies have billions, and have full time patent attorneys. It would cost you millions to defend the patent yourself.
I hope this helps. Basically if you had a side project and found the cure for cancer, your prof. would win the Nobel, get a few million, and you would get into whatever Ph.D. program you wanted. Not much, but you would be nicely set up for tenure track after grad school, or to set up your own company.

I actually work for the USDA, so things might be a little different, but I do know that most major universities here in the states have research foundations that handle all patent stuff. They are the ones that would go to court for you - not yourself. Also, I would hope that most P.I.s would put your name on any patent they create so you wouldn't be left with nothing.

Hmmmm...change of plans. I realize that if I post my papers on Xanga, then the subsequent works will be pushed back to a gazillion pages to make room for the most recent posts.

So I decided to tryout Geocities as my host. I started building my website with texts but when I tiried to upload my micrographs, etc, it will not let insert any pictures!

Does anyone know any other FREE website builders that will allow you to upload photos?

Back