Here's one for you :bugeye:

The Esotericist

Getting the message to Garcia
Valued Senior Member
OK, I love the skeptics on this board, they make this place fun. A zombie could be chasing them saying. . ."BRAIIINNSSSS" they might be running away, but I'm sure they wouldn't believe it was an ACTUAL zombie while they search for the nearest shotgun and axe. Skeptics that they are, they'd be pondering logical explanations while on the run . . . .

In that spirit. . .
article-1096959-02D4C469000005DC-328_468x299.jpg

Mystery: Archeologists have uncovered a 100-year-old watch in a tomb believed to have been undisturbed for 400 years

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1096959/Mystery-century-old-Swiss-watch-discovered-ancient-tomb-sealed-400-years.html#ixzz0MiguWRRb

Any Ideas?

Funny how every single part has the same type of corrosion on it even though a watch would be different materials that corroded differently.
How do they know it's 100 years old if the tomb hasn't been touched for 400?
How did the "watch" shrink?

That seems to me to be reliable proof that the tomb soil around the tomb had indeed been disturbed.

OK, I love the skeptics on this board, they make this place fun. A zombie could be chasing them saying. . ."BRAIIINNSSSS" they might be running away, but I'm sure they wouldn't believe it was an ACTUAL zombie while they search for the nearest shotgun and axe. Skeptics that they are, they'd be pondering logical explanations while on the run . . . .

In that spirit. . .
article-1096959-02D4C469000005DC-328_468x299.jpg

Mystery: Archeologists have uncovered a 100-year-old watch in a tomb believed to have been undisturbed for 400 years

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1096959/Mystery-century-old-Swiss-watch-discovered-ancient-tomb-sealed-400-years.html#ixzz0MiguWRRb

Any Ideas?
thats easy...its a bunch of BULL

The mysterious timepiece was encrusted in mud and rock and had stopped at 10:06 am.

Very very clever of them to know that it stopped at 10:06 AM.
My first guess would have been 10:06 PM ;)

it just looks like an old bronz ring or pendant that happens to look like a watch

'When we tried to remove the soil wrapped around the coffin, suddenly a piece of rock dropped off and hit the ground with metallic sound,' said Jiang Yanyu, former curator of the Guangxi Museum.

A few questions come to mind. How does a piece of rock hitting the ground sound "mettalic"?

Since this was OUTSIDE of the coffin , then anyone could have dropped their watch at this site many years ago. Since this site has been explored before then I would assume it was a watch, if it is a watch, was one that another scientist lost during their visit their. Or it could have been lost by other visitors as well. All they need do is open it up and look at the inside to see where it was made, which this article never talks about, I wonder why not? :shrug:

I think the real question is: what became of the lilliputian individual (individuals?) who wore this watch?

Back