Here is what Isreal is thinking about for Gaza . . .

Will Isreal end up with a change of regime in Gaza?

• yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

charles brough

Registered Senior Member
Is their objective there what they claim and we duly repeat, or is it to remove the elected Hamas government of Gaza and impose in its place a pliable regime like they established in the West Bank after the death of Arafat?

In considering world affairs, it helps to determine what will happen not be considering what people say, but what is in their own best interest. A pliable regime in Gaza is most certainly what Israel would like to have. So, that is what they intend to end up with---hence, their goal, regardless of what they and our own government spokesmen say. Israel did not invade Gaza knowing it was tearing up the country---and increasing Palestinian hatred---if they did not have a plan the knew would work.

Of course, it is all blamed on the Palestinians. What is the matter with them that they keep shooting rockets into Israel? Could it be that their “county” is only a desert wasteland jammed with them, nearly all of whom are refugees and their children which were pushed out of their homes and land in Israel? Could it be that they send rockets over because they want to go back to their homes and land in Israel---also because they resent being fenced in and blockaded? Perhaps Gaza Palestinians are just humans like anyone else who would behave much the same in their position.

charles
http://atheistic-science.com

Mod Hat - Poll request and other notes

Mod Hat — Poll request and other notes

Cybernetics said:

I request a reopening/posting of the poll because it would be an intresting debate

Granted; the poll is extended until the end of the month.

To the other, though, the thread attracted exactly one response in its first fifty page views; the debate hasn't exactly flown out of the gate. I have considered moving this thread to Politics or World Events, but will retain it here, as several threads related to events in Gaza were recently incorporated into a preexisting megathread.

Furthermore, the topic post is not devoid of considerations pertaining to ethics, morality, and justice. I would express here my hope that any developing discussion remember those facets of what is widely perceived as a matter of politics.

I personaly belive that israel has no reason to change, the only political power they listen to is the United States and there goverment comends them in every action they make. With the US's support no other countries will be able to make a stand and so no compunction exists for Irael to cease there very profitable exploitation and expansion

Back